- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a sequel to the last chapter.

By the way, my hard-drive crashed, so it'll take me longer to get out stories. :(

"Hurry up, Gus! You need to see this." Shawn was happily skipping along the corridors, dragging his reluctant friend behind him.

"For the last time, Shawn, slow down. I'm going to get shin splints at this rate." Truthfully, Gus was more worried about what could possibly interest his friend this much than any conceivable harm to his person.

Ignoring the salesman's protests, the psychic quickly rounded a corner, yanking on Gus' arm as he did so. He came to a sudden halt. Those paintings were familiar, as well as the strange dent in the wall (It was rumored that Peeves had scared a first year some years ago and sent the poor kid running headfirst into the stonework). "We're here!" he chirped.

Gus was unimpressed. "You dragged me halfway across the castle to see a wall?"

"Not just any wall," the psychic replied with a roll of his eyes. "First of all, there's a mysterious dent in this one. See?" He gave a vague gesture to the slight imperfection.

"Secondly?" Gus prompted, not bothering to check for the damage.

"'Secondly,' there used to be a door here."

"Well it's not here now. Can I go?"

Shawn merely closed his eyes and brought his hand up to his temple. He tilted his head slightly as he tried to remember the circumstances of the last visit. He remembered frustration, hunger, and pacing. He tilted his head in the other direction. He had paced three times before the door had appeared. His eyes snapped open and he gleefully instructed his friend to begin walking back and forth.

"I could be using this time to read that comic Ron lent me," Gus grumbled under his breath as he obeyed. In fact, he was so absorbed in his mutterings that he almost didn't notice the door materialize on his third trip around. He halted mid-step, balancing precariously on one foot while the other hung in the air before him.

Upon hearing Shawn's excited squeal, he cautiously made his way to the door and pulled it open. After a few moments of staring agog at the room's interior, he let out a most Shawn-like squeak. Behind him, he could hear Shawn dejectedly wonder where all the pineapple had gone. However, Gus didn't care; he was too amazed at the plethora of comics before him.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are appreciated.


Enter the security code shown below: