- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For Pat, who asked for SOMETHING iike this.

 

“Come on, Gus!” Shawn grinned broadly, tossing a small plastic bag across the room at his best friend. “Get blowing!”

“Excuse me?” Gus snorted, his brow wrinkling in confusion as he looked down at what Shawn had thrown at him. “Balloons?” He glanced back up at his friend, dropping the bag on the desk in front of him. “Do I even want to know--?”

“We’re going to South America!” Shawn declared.

“Oh,” Gus nodded sagely, finally catching up. “You just saw Up, didn’t you?”

“Gus,” Shawn said seriously, pulling a chair up and turning it around as he sat down. “That movie changed my life.”

Gus rolled his eyes. “You do realize it was a cartoon, right?”

“It was not!” Shawn insisted. “It was a masterpiece! We’re going to tour the world without ever leaving Psych! It’s the most brilliant idea I’ve ever had!”

“No one’s denying that,” Gus returned, sitting back as he crossed his arms over his chest. “It’s way better than your idea for the Do It Yourself sushi restaurant.”

Shawn huffed, waving off the veiled insult breezily. “No one told me it was raw fish!”

“What the heck did you think sushi was?”

“Who knows?” Shawn shrugged. “It could be anything…it’s Japanese! Anyway, that’s not the point! The point is, we’re never going to get to South America if we don’t start blowing up these balloons!”

“Okay,” Gus sighed, raising a single finger as he leaned across the desk. “First of all, it’s not possible to lift an entire building using only balloons. It defies the laws of physics.”

Shawn looked confused. “Didn’t they repeal the physics laws?”

“No, Shawn. They didn’t.”

Shawn scratched his head. “Then, what laws did they repeal?”

“You’re thinking of Prohibition,” Gus informed him, rolling his eyes. “And that’s not even the point.” He raised a second finger. “You also can’t lift anything using balloons that aren’t blown up with helium.”

“Do you have any idea how expensive it is to rent a helium tank?” Shawn snorted. “I was trying to save us money!” He grinned, reaching into a large paper bag he had somehow managed to conceal behind his back until this point. “Plus, I spent all our extra money on these!” he declared proudly, pulling out two red helmets and two pairs of goggles. “We’ll be the coolest explorers!”

He plopped one of the helmets on top of his head and snapped the goggles firmly in place over his eyes.

Gus stared at him.

“Why do we need helmets?” he demanded.

Shawn lifted the goggles off his eyes so he could a better look at his friend. “Cloud collisions,” he nodded grimly.

Gus groaned, pinching his nose as he inhaled deeply. “Let me see if I’ve got this right. You spent all our money on helmets, goggles and balloons.”

“And Pop Tarts!” Shawn added, grabbing the last item out of the bag. “Don’t forget the Pop Tarts!”

Gus raised an eyebrow, suddenly interested. “Are they s’more Pop Tarts?” he demanded.

Shawn grinned, nodding as he tossed his friend the box. “Of course!”

“Okay, then,” Gus nodded, tearing into the box as he put his own helmet on. “Let’s go to South America.”



Enter the security code shown below: