- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Alright, ladies & gentlemen... this is one long, crazy story. You have been warned. ;)

SPOILER WARNING: This story begins right around season 5, episode 1. If you haven't seen up to that point, there WILL be spoilers of the major variety, especially regarding the Yin/Yang cases & Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark, among many others that are referenced throughout.

LANGUAGE WARNING: There is *some* language in here, as our dear characters do speak this way. However there is nothing worse than what good old USA Network allows to air.

NOTE: I take a lot of liberties with this. It's a bit AU in that way. There are parts of the Yin/Yang scenario that I don't address (small but important parts... like the framed item at the end of Mr. Yin Presents, mainly.) Still, I hope you can look past those things and love on this story. :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not, nor have I ever, owned Psych. I had an idea and I've run with it (we're both still trying to catch our breath!), but the characters and quotes and catch phrases and central locations aren't mine. I just like to borrow and play with them. No copyright infringement is intended. :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
And away we go...



Static waved across the screen for several seconds. It flickered and jumped, emitting an altogether unpleasant sound. It suddenly fell away, revealing an outstretched arm. It blocked the screen, obscuring the view of its owner. Just as swiftly as it appeared on camera, it fell away, revealing a disheveled Shawn Spencer.


He moved back from the camera to sit in a chair, not far from the lens, and for a few seconds, just stared. He breathed deeply, looked down for a moment, and then lifted his head to stare directly into the camera once more, a fiery anger in his eyes.


And then he spoke.


"My name is-" he paused, inhaling roughly, and then rephrased, "was Shawn Spencer. I liked beach front properties, sand in my toes, pineapple smoothies, and barging in on police investigations where I was needed but not wanted. You knew that Shawn Spencer. Forget about him. He no longer exists. I'm the one you need to worry about now.


"This is the game you all know, but in a way you've never seen before. This time, Detectives, it's not my job to figure out all the answers-- it's yours. And if you can't..." He paused once more, breathing another ragged breath. "If you can't, you'll have the best seats in the house to watch the world as you know it burn to the ground.


"Your first clue should come to you shortly. I suggest you prepare yourselves. This is a high-stakes match. I would know-- I designed it."


The screen lingered on him for a brief moment. Then it returned to lines of static before abruptly turning a bright blue.



Enter the security code shown below: