- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry it's so late.

Enjoy!

Vacations were never really his thing.

Criminals don't stop to take a break—at least, not all at once—so why should he?

He's just never been that good at 'turning it off'.

Sometimes, in his more introspective moments, he thinks that taking one every once in a while would have helped his marriage. Especially if he'd been able to concentrate on something other than the cases he left behind.

But really, that's asking a lot. He just isn't that kind of person.

However, as he watches Spencer stand on his desk and do an alarmingly spirited cheer under the supposed ghostly influence of the cheerleader who was strangled behind the bleachers last Friday night, he thinks that maybe it's time he tried again.

Because honestly—he thinks as he's forced to use his lightning fast reflexes to rescue his Academy coffee mug when Shawn's 'vision' gets a little out of hand—if he doesn't get away from here for a little while he's going to finally make good on that threat to shoot Spencer.

O'Hara would never forgive him, even if it was only a flesh wound.

He doesn't have the patience to train a new partner, especially when the one he has right now is actually starting to show some real potential. As long as one discounts her faulty character judging skills and poorly concealed affection where the thorn in his side is concerned, that is.

By the time the show is over and Spencer has collapsed in a chair, panting, looking faint, and generally milking the previously mentioned affection that O'Hara has for him, his mind is made up.

He's taking a vacation and he's taking it far, far away from here.

Chapter End Notes:
Review please and thank you! :D


Enter the security code shown below: