- Text Size +
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Prologue

The Ransom

The light from the sun shines brightly through the living room window of the Jackson family. A boy at the age of ten stands in the corner of the room. He seems to be thinking about something hard and silent. His mother and father wouldn’t pay any attention to him at all, both are too busy working, than to spend any time with him, so they hired a butler named Mr. Rouge to keep him company, but he’s too old to play with. The said boy feels terrible alone, seeing he is also home school. No friends to play with, the boy starts to fear loneliness.

"Mr. Jackson, are you alright, sir?" The butler Rouge asks the little boy one day in the living room, worry is trace in his tone of voice. Rouge cares for the boy like his own grandson that he never have. "I’m alone…Mom…Dad. Wouldn’t pay any attention to me…unless…Mr. Rouge, can you do me a favor?" The boy then asks.

Mr. Rouge nods his head.

"Certainly my boy." Comes the man gentle reply.

~.~

"Shut up Shawn, I have a very important test that I must pass." Said the African American man to his best friend Shawn on a Monday afternoon in the headquarters of ‘Psych’. His laptop is on his desk and he begins to scroll down the page, trying to ignore his friend’s rant of the day. The room of the headquarters has very dim lighting and it's a mess mainly because of Shawn. Gus side of the room is clean and organize, until Shawn gets a hold of his side and trash it all up.

Shawn swings his legs on the surface of the coffee table before him, lying back into the couch. He watches the TVshow that was now on, the remote lie just by his finger tips.

"What test is it? Is that the same test that your fat hippo of a boss assigned you to do?" Shawn said bored.

Gus has almost never talk to Shawn about his work. He only said that his job (the one with the so called ‘hippo’) is much more important than the murder or kidnapping cases that Shawn had made them do at times.

However this doesn’t surprise him on how Shawn knows about the test when Gus barely tells Shawn anything at all.

"Shawn!"

Shawn has some past issues with Gus’s other boss a few months back.

"FYI, yes it is and I don’t want to lose my job, Shawn." Gus replies, looking just above his laptop seeing Shawn laid back body on the said couch.

Shawn throws his two arms in the air over his head, just when his favorite show ends.

"Gus, you already have a job."

"Not this again-"

Gus stops talking when they both heard the bell of the door ring. Gus makes a grab of the remote turning off the TV and closes his laptop. At the door of the HQ, are two people. One is an old man dressed in his black uniform and the other dressed in a wealthy gray suit. They both worn grave expressions. Shawn is off the sofa in a matter of seconds, heading to the door straighten out his hair with his hands, hoping to get a new date or a consumer. He is disappointed minutes afterward when he opens the door. Gus soon follows behind him.

"Is this the place for the ‘Psychic’?" The gray suit man asks.

"Yes this is he, how may I help you with?" Shawn asks, still disappointing in his lack of luck.

"Let’s go to the living room and have a seat." And so Shawn could deny the case that you both set us up with.

Gus thought moments afterward.

"Yes we would like that, thank you." The old man said politely. They all follows Gus into the living room and they takes a seat on the couch, except Gus and Shawn.

"What may we help you with?" Shawn asks for the second time, this time using the word ‘We’.

Gus glares at him for the corner of the eye, he want no part of this.

"I need you to locate my little boy, his name is Keith Jackson. He was kidnapped a few days ago. The kidnapper put together a ransom note." The gray suit guy said, digging in his pocket and pulls out a picture of his little boy and the crumbled up ransom note.

Gus looks at him shock that he didn’t bring this to the police.

"Why didn’t you bring this to the police? They could help you more than we can do." Gus said.

"Don’t you think, we think of this before? I can’t bring this to the police or she or he will kill my little boy!" snaps the gray suit guy at Gus angry. Gus looks taken back at him.

"Gus stop upsetting the consumer. We take the case, and we promise to bring your son back safe and sound." Shawn said.

Gus elbows Shawn in his side, making him hisses in pain.

"Anyway who are the two of you?" Gus said, putting his attention back onto the two people before him and Shawn.

Shawn takes the picture and the crumbled note from the gray suit hand.

Gus still thinks that they should go to the police with this, but he didn’t understand.

"My name is White Jackson, president of the local Dentist computation and this is my Butler Rouge Miller. And the boy in the picture is my son and his name is Keith." White said.

Rouge bows his head.

"Thank you for helping us-"

Gus told them his and Shawn name and that’s when Shawn blocks them all out focusing on the letter and the picture in his hands.

Close your company for one month or you will never see your son again. Call the police and he’s dead.

This is so simple to fix, why didn't Mr. White done it so far yet?

Mr. White can shut down his company for a month to get his son back, but why didn’t he?

Oh that would costs lots of money to do so and the ransom note is type in a neat front.

Who ever finger prints are on this paper other than his and Mr. White’s are the kidnappers.

To Be Continued.



Enter the security code shown below: