- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was for a Spontaneous Challenge on the Psych community forum

“No, absolutely not Shawn,” Gus crossed his arms defiantly.

Shawn frowned, “But we're partners Gus. Do you even comprehend the meaning of the word? It's a deep spiritual bond between-”

“I know perfectly well what partners are, and I don't know what dictionary you're using, that is not what the definition is. I will say again, I am not wearing that Halloween costume.”

Frustrated with the lack of progress he had made, Shawn sat down heavily behind his desk and pondered a way to coerce his friend into wearing the costume. He could threaten him with unspeakable forms of torture, tacks on his chair, filling his car with packing peanuts, slipping a red item into a load of whites. Or maybe blackmail would be best. A smile creeped over his face as a memory surfaced. “Fine Gus. If you don't want to wear the costume, perhaps I should distribute a picture of the costume you did wear your Junior year.”

“I though you had destroyed all pictures of that. You promised Shawn!” Gus looked panicked.

“I promised, but my Dad didn't.” Shawn leaned back in his chair, success was sweet.

“Fine! I'll wear your stupid costume, but I want evidence the photo has been destroyed first thing tomorrow morning.” Gus grabbed a wig and plastic bag that Shawn was holding out to him.

Shawn wondered why Gus felt so embarrassed about dressing as Margaret Thatcher.




 

As they marched through the doors of the Santa Barbara Police Station all eyes were drawn to them. Officers and criminals alike were stopped in their paths as they watched the pair move past them. There were calls of, “Great costumes guys!”, “Way to go Spencer!” and “Have they seen your costume yet?”. Shawn lapped it up, wearing a crooked grin while Gus tried to melt inconspicuously into the floor.

They met Chief Vick as she was leaving her office. When she saw them she stood for a moment, mouth agape. As quickly as she had gone into shock, she snapped out of it fighting to hide her smile and failing. “Spencer, Guster, I have to say, you have reached new levels of creativity with your costumes this year.”

“Thank you Chief,” Shawn grinned.

“Chief, I've got those file you-” Detective Lassiter stopped short when he saw Shawn and Gus. Juliet, too shocked by the sight nearly plowed into him. Lassiter's lips flapped, as if he were trying to say something, but the words just were not coming out.

Juliet broke the silence, “Wow Shawn, you've really outdone yourself. And Gus, I- I – wow.” She eyed the dark suit Shawn had donned, a shoulder gun holster, fake gun, and a shiny gold badge on his belt complete with his hair dyed dark. He was the spitting image of Detective Lassiter. Gus on the other hand, sported a woman's business suit, fake breasts, heels and a blond wig, and did not look happy about it.

 

Halloween would never be the same for the Santa Barbara Police force.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully you enjoyed that!!  Challenges are a new thing for me and I am figuring out I really like writing them.


Enter the security code shown below: