Old 07-28-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys
Default Psychfic Wish List

What sorta things - no matter HOW huge/outlandish - do you wish were available?

A couple of things I've wished were available to readers, regardless of my own reading preferences:

Psychfic Adult Archive

Psychfic Slash Archive

Even though I don't really get into much adult writing - it isn't to say I HAVEN'T. And it would be kinda fun to have a sister sight for the naughties.

I also feel a slash site is needed. I have no wish to force this archive to stop being a het site as that, too, is nice to have (and is the ONLY one in existence). However it would be really nice for our slash writers to have a sister site where they could post.

As for another idea... I think I can actually create something that we can all enjoy - for those interested! I would love a Psych, Fanart Archive where artists could upload their art into their own galleries. There is a free web-building site called Wix that allows for multiple pages and galleries and I think that would be super cool! The tricky aspect would be that people would have to send me their art to post it for them as it doesn't allow for open interaction from numerous users. But still it could be a blast!

Old 07-28-2017

me_ is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree that we should have a slash site. I'm not much of a fan of most slash (mostly because I'm not that into au relationships in general), but the more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems that there is absolutely NO slash aloud on psychfic. After all, isn't changing a character's sexual orientation kind of just another form of au writing? While I would agree that it is nice too have the main site slash free, the fact that psychic doesn't allow slash at all seems to me to be just more sensership on the lgbt community, even if that is not the intent. So, yes I would fully support a slash branch of psychic.
Old 07-28-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_ View Post
I definitely agree that we should have a slash site. I'm not much of a fan of most slash (mostly because I'm not that into au relationships in general), but the more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems that there is absolutely NO slash aloud on psychfic. After all, isn't changing a character's sexual orientation kind of just another form of au writing? While I would agree that it is nice too have the main site slash free, the fact that psychic doesn't allow slash at all seems to me to be just more sensership on the lgbt community, even if that is not the intent. So, yes I would fully support a slash branch of psychic.
I do want to interject that it has never been censorship of the LGBT community. Psychfic has NEVER disallowed the inclusion of homosexual or trans characters in the stories. The only restriction has been to change the orientation of the primary cast. When Jessica Rae created this site, she wanted to have a place where readers/writers of het fiction could easily find and post stories. The point has been previously made that all other archives are either a mix of het and slash or are slash ONLY. I didn't intend for this thread to spark ill feelings or stir up controversy on that subject. Rather, what I AM trying to do is allow for all readers to have places where they enjoy visiting. It isn't fair to have slash only sites yet to deny the existence of a het only site and then to accuse that site of homophobic attitudes. There has been a long history of that and it's plainly unfounded. I want to be clear, I'm not saying that was what you meant with your comments. Rather, it just reopened an issue that has been debated back and forth quite heavily already. I really encourage that you check out the following thread to see the discussions that have previously taken place about this subject to understand WHY there is a het archive. To clarify, I don't want to change Psychfic from what it is. But it WOULD be fun to have additional, self-contained websites, that Psychfic could link to for other types of stories. However, that would require someone willing to create, manage, and even PAY for those sites to run (as Jessica Rae pays for this site). Which is probably why nobody else has actually created them, lol.

The subject of no Slash being allowed...

Old 09-25-2017

Coffeesugar will become famous soon enoughCoffeesugar will become famous soon enough
Default Whumpaton anyone?

Hello Psychos! First of all, sorry for going MIA for so long - and thank you so much for the What If challenge! You've all been so incredibly kind and I'm truly madly grateufl. Now, back to the matter at hand, I was wondering if you would ever consider revamping the Whumpaton challenge? I read some Whump challenge fics here on psychfic and loved them to bits.
Old 09-25-2017
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeesugar View Post
Hello Psychos! First of all, sorry for going MIA for so long - and thank you so much for the What If challenge! You've all been so incredibly kind and I'm truly madly grateufl. Now, back to the matter at hand, I was wondering if you would ever consider revamping the Whumpaton challenge? I read some Whump challenge fics here on psychfic and loved them to bits.
Great to have you back!

I totally agree. The challenges are one of my favorite things on the site right now, and the Whumpathon always gets lots of interest.

My wish list entry is for the e-mail notifications to come back. I know that that's probably never going to happen, but it was nice to look in my inbox and see a notification for a forum post or a story update.

Old 09-25-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Awwww!! Love you guys!!! I promise to get the Whumpathon going very shortly! This year has been chaos and I know things have gotten slow around here again. Plus I didn't want to overload people with too many activities all at once and right now I'm trying to get things going with the Writer's Appreciation Challenge. But next month would be a great time to do the Whumpathon and it can coincide with Halloween too! I hope all the writers are ready to jump back into ficcage!

Old 09-25-2017
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
Awwww!! Love you guys!!! I promise to get the Whumpathon going very shortly! This year has been chaos and I know things have gotten slow around here again. Plus I didn't want to overload people with too many activities all at once and right now I'm trying to get things going with the Writer's Appreciation Challenge. But next month would be a great time to do the Whumpathon and it can coincide with Halloween too! I hope all the writers are ready to jump back into ficcage!
We love you, too, Drag.

Halloween would be an epic time for the whump marathon. All the spooky crossover potential!

Old 09-25-2017

Coffeesugar will become famous soon enoughCoffeesugar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
Don't worry about it - you're already doing so much for this community and ooh Halloween + whump sounds so so good. I'm excited!

Last edited by Coffeesugar; 09-25-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeesugar View Post
Don't worry about it - you're already doing so much for this community and ooh Halloween + whump sounds so so good. I'm excited!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Awesome!! I'm already excited for it!!