Old 03-17-2008

The Jackal has arrived is on a distinguished road
Default Info on Shawns Mom

I got this from Kristen at eonline so its pretty accurate

And we have more deets on Shawn's long-missing mommy: She's a sexy psychologist in her mid-50s who bounces back and forth between doing work for the Santa Barbara Police Department and living abroad. But this season, she'll be hanging out with her son and stirring up some issues. OK, start the dream-casting derby. Who's the funny lady for this part?

Discuss
Old 03-18-2008

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

I tend to trust Kristen's info. From experience (Lost-related experience, lol), she's mostly accurate.
And if they start filming in April (don't know where that tidbit of info comes from, but I always thought they filmed from April to October, confirmation anyone?), right now would be the time for the casting calls to be in high motion.

So let the moaning begin.
Because casting ideas I have none right now.
But I don't like the little bit of info Kristen revealed.
I don't want Shawn's mom to stick around for an entire season. Give her a story, or a story arc, but I don't want her to stick around for 16 episodes. Besides, if she's helping the police on cases when she's not abroad, how come she's never been mentioned before, just once???
I've been waiting for nearly two seasons to see Shawn and Henry investigate a case together.
Besides, aside from the cases for me the show is absolutely a show about Shawn and Henry. Toss Mommy in to stir up some old issues and unresolved problems between them, that's fine with me. But Shawn and Henry get little enough screentime together as it is, I don't want Shawn's Mom to cut down on that.
I know I'm complaining about things that aren't even written in stone yet, but I really don't want Mommy to stick around for longer than a few episodes. The show doesn't need any additional characters.
As for the casting...aside from her accent, I think Amanda Pays would have worked perfectly. But then again, that's over and done with now since she's the carnivorous mink and not the Mommy.
Laura

Old 03-18-2008

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

Just found this on Spoiler TV. It's some additional info on what The Jackal has arrived posted:

Psychologist
Around 50-55, Female, still sexy and always a strong & warm presence. She is a private practice psychologist by trade who has also worked freelance over the years for the Santa Barbara Police Department. She is a free spirit who spent the last few years living abroad. She is the source of Shawn's adventurous side and free-spiritedness. She returns from Europe and shows up to visit Shawn and Henry, stirring up memories and issues (and a bit of trouble). STAR NAMES ONLY. LOOKING FOR CAUCASIAN AND LATINA ACTRESSES ONLY. This is a multi episode arc.

One question: Star names only means they want a famous actress for the role? 'Cause that would be cool

Old 03-18-2008
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

this looks really interesing -i definitely hope she does some stirring up - epecially if it causes a little angsty for Shawn and Henry
Old 03-18-2008
Contributer

centipede has a spectacular aura aboutcentipede has a spectacular aura about

I'm with LittleFairy on the mom hanging around too long bit. I like the dynamic of the show how it is, and while I'm really looking forward to the trouble and issues that will be stirred up, I'm looking forward to them as applied to the dynamic now. It's going to drive me nuts if she irrevocably changes the feel of the season. If she becomes too big in the season, the worry is that she'll very easily become her own kind of Mary Sue.
Old 03-18-2008
Can I ask you a secret?

Psychmobile has a spectacular aura aboutPsychmobile has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Psychmobile

I too agree with LittleFairy when it comes to Shawn's mama. I'm dunno about the info from Kristen. I would enjoy something around five episodes, so she can come in and bring up issues that Shawn and Henry need to resolve. Me personally I really view the show as revolving around Shawn and Henry's relationship, so I don't know how I'd feel about Shawn hanging out with his mother a lot. Don't get me wrong, I'm really interested in seeing what the writers are going to put out there for us, but I just hope it doesn't overtake the whole season giving it a different feel. I won't judge it too much yet, cause I don't have a lot of info to go with, but I suppose we shall all wait and see what happens.

"You should have a degree in being wrong all the time!"

"If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk." -Conan O'Brien

Follow me? www.twitter.com/KDeLaRiva
Kristen from Chicago or sarcasmlove =]

Last edited by Psychmobile; 03-18-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2008

darth_sparrow will become famous soon enough

While I agree that I wouldn't want Shawn's mom to hang around for an entire season, I think that a story arch over several episodes would be awesome. Especially since the description of her character is right along the lines of how I've always imagined Shawn's mom.

We'll see. Either way, I'm looking forward to her episodes. It's nice to know that she will be coming into the show in the future.

Follow me on Tumblr
Old 03-18-2008
Life's a squishable jello

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice

well i don't think she would be hanging around for the whole season, maybe ye around 6 episodes or so, remember that is almost half a season so i think that qualifies for hanging around...i dunno...but ye.. i don't want her to hang around forthe whole season...

DUUUDE A PSYCHOLOGIST?! now i know why they have so many issues..LOL,this really should be interesting though...THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!!!!!!

but DOOOOOOOOOOOD this is soo AWESOME,i soo cannot wait for the 3rd season

yes it's quite true, I'm a freak over anime and manga XD
Old 03-18-2008
Psyched About Psych

Xeiyna 613 is on a distinguished road

*whistles*

Sexy Psychologist? Has a nice ring to it.

Anyway...I'm not so sure how many episodes I'd like her around for, but definitely less than half the season. 4-6 episodes does sound like a good number.

I mostly agree with all the views of wanting her to stir up some trouble with her presence, especially. But I also don't want her to cut down on the Henry-Shawn screen time.

I'm just repeating, aren't I? Aw, well - either way, I can't wait until season 3!

Am I the only one who finds it odd that James's shirt just WON'T come off - to the point of defying gravity?
Old 03-18-2008
The One and Only...

TheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via MSN to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via Skype™ to TheOneBlueGecko

Interesting. I am hoping that if they do have her hang around all season she will still only be in some of the episodes and not all. I love the show how it is and I think that she could be interesting to see, but I could see me tiring of her character after not that long.