Old 02-17-2008
Admin

Jenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms start
Question The Reason Why?

I know we've all been speculating on multiple threads about why Shawn's mom has come into town, but I thought we could compile our thoughts into this one thread, because I'm really curious to know what everyone else is thinking about the reason why Claire (yes, I'm totally still calling her that) is back in town. And I don't wanna miss anyone's thoughts

I've been chatting like crazy about this episode with some of you, because this episode was just AMAZING!!

So why do you all think Claire came into town without telling Shawn?

Obviously, he had no idea, b/c of the surprised, "Mom" at the end of the episode. Anyone else see that sort-of-smile on his face when he opened the door? It made me think that he was happy, but he wasn't sure if he was supposed to be happy.

Speculation: What if Claire is getting remarried? We all saw how unnerved he became when Henry told him that there was no chance for him and his mother, in the Black and Tan episode. That Henry had to move on with his life. Shawn was really hurt and freaked out by that.

Or, what if she found out Shawn's playing psychic? What if she didn't know about it? What if she doesn't like it?

Those are just two little theories. What do you all think? Could you see these happening, or do you have some of your own?

I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks! :w00t:

There's a degree of difficulty in dealing with me

Old 02-17-2008
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

You know I love the - She's getting remarried idea but now i'm loving the - She just found out about the psychic thing. It's obvious that Shawn and Claire don't speak much (i don't think it's because they don't like each other though) - i think if they had there would have been more remarks about her. Like it says on Gus' blog - it's a sensitive subject.
It would be interesting if she'd seen an article about him and she's come to knock some sense into him (like that would work! lol)

The other idea i came up with is that she's just got a new job - in Santa Barbara - but this would mean the mother becomes a regular on the show and i'm not sire the writers would do that because as they've said in the past - one of the main aspects of the show is the relationship between Shawn and Henry .
Old 02-17-2008

Stellarsiren will become famous soon enough

Maybe it took her the 15 odd years or so to realize she made a huge mistake on leaving and she's hopin to get with Henry again? I got the feeling she left both of them when Henry told Shawn his mom wasn't going to come back in B&T. Or maybe she's in trouble and she needs Shawn's help... and has to stay in the house in the meantime (where else would she really go? Doubt Shawn'd be too thrilled havin mom stay at his place..)

sig courtesy of LittleFairy
Old 02-17-2008
Shawn's Psychic Princess

Location: Santa Barbara, California.....Yeah!!! In My Psych Fanfic!!!! LOL!!
PsychLover22 is on a distinguished road

OMG!! I did see the smile! No else that I've talked to seemed to notice it! Yay! Someone else noticed!

What really got me was that Henry seemed really nervous. If he was ready to move on with life like he said he was, why would he be so nervous and continuously cleaning the house? Maybe he still has feelings for her...

I like both of the theories you said above. They're awesome and would totally be awesome storylines. Both are very possible.

Because of what I mentioned about Henry being nervous, I think that it could have something to do between the mother and Henry. Something could be happening there. I'm not saying that they are going to get back together, b/c that would be kind of corny, but maybe they are going to try to be friends.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for now!

B)
Old 02-17-2008
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

I think he was nervous about the house being clean because he knew she would make some comment about the state of the house. He doesn't want to get on her bad side straight away - well that was the impression I got.

I saw the smile too - i was surprised how unsurprised Shawn was (we've seen his surprised face remember? lol)
Old 02-17-2008
Proud Abby Fan

SydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud of

Hmmmmm.......maybe she wants to hire Shawn's services as a private detective.

I don't think its odd that Shawn didn't know she was coming. After all, he DID drop his phone. Buuuuttttttt, he also could have checked his voicemail from another phone if he wanted to take the initiative.

I find it really odd that Henry totally and completely wussed out of telling Shawn in the first place. He had multiple opportunities. That tells me Henry knows why she's in town and that freaks him out. I'm also wondering if the news involves Henry himself more than Shawn. If it was more Shawn-centric, I can't believe Henry wouldn't have just come out and said it in front of Gus since they're inseparable and have few secrets between them. Like I said, his behavior was just weird.

The only reason I can come up with for Henry not coming out and spilling the news to Shawn - especially since Shawn 'fessed up that he dropped his phone and would not access any secret messages that may or may not have arrived- is this.............the writers just needed a reason to build up the dramatic tension and leave us dangling in suspense for that stinkin' cliffhanger. I've played into their filthy hands and I'm going to ruminate on this until Summer:cursing:
Old 02-17-2008
Professional Stalker

Maybe...just maybe - if she was getting remarried - she already told Henry and now he's nervous because he saw how Shawn reacted to him dating and knows that Shawn will react badly to her re-marrying.
Old 02-17-2008

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

Since as Psych_ologist stated the show's premise is about Shawn and Henry, and since the show certainly hasn't jumped the shark yet and desperately needs new characters to freshen things up, I think whatever the reason for her visit, it's short-lived. Maybe a little arc over more than one episode, but no appearance as a series regular.
It seems that she wanted to call Shawn. Henry kept asking Shawn whether he had received any calls over the week, but he couldn't know because he had dropped his phone.
I like the idea that Margaret (and yes Jenn, I'm calling her Margaret ) only now got to know that Shawn is a psychic.
Maybe she got to know about her son's new profession and now she needs his help with something, I'd like that idea. Though I wouldn't know why she'd call Henry first on that one.
Judged by the B&T episode last week, I also got the impression that Margaret left both Shawn and Henry, even though he later on stayed with her for a while ("I was helping my Mom through her divorce" from the Pilot).
Steve Franks says in his video interview about the season finale that the appearance of Shawn's Mom is going to be interesting because it'll open up a lot of old hurts between Shawn and his father, and because Shawn still has a lot of misconceptions about his parents' divorce. Now, I guess that getting clear with her family about the divorce is probably not the sole reason for her visit, but it certainly sounds interesting.
I personally would like to see her wanting Shawn to help her with something. I mean, she knows he's not a psychic, but maybe she heard about his huge success and has a pretty urgent problem that she needs the help of her investigative son and ex-husband with. Now that would be interesting...

EDIT: Lol, SydneyWoo, you beat me to nearly all my points

Old 02-17-2008
Professional Stalker

you know if you two can't decide on the name i guess we're gonna have to call her marglaire or clairgaret
Old 02-17-2008
Proud Abby Fan

SydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud of

EDIT: Lol, SydneyWoo, you beat me to nearly all my points [/quote]

I've been re-reading your stories so long, I'd like to think that your genius is starting to rub off on me!!!!! I'm not worthy!!!!