Go Back   Psychfic.com Community > The Psych Ward > Season Two

Old 01-26-2008
Sanity Is Overrated

Nyxelestia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyxelestia
Default Season 2.5 Shules Approach: Your Thoughts

Here's something I seemed to notice:

After the close-talking thing at the end of the first half of season 2, it seems that physically speaking, Shawn and Juliet simply haven't been in as much contact as before, which results in minimal flirting (though admittedly less subtle than before), but far less chance of an actual acknowledgment of the almost-kiss.

The show's producers mentioned somewhere that this was going to be tricky: if, in a show, there's ever a bit of focus between two people and the romantic tension between them without the actual romance, then those two people actually getting together can sometimes ruin the show. So, now they're trying to avoid an actual romance after that 'close call'.

What are your thoughts on all of this? What do you think will happen?

Come on, you know I didn't make this.
I couldn't reach this talent, even if I tried.
This is all psych_ologist's creation,
Let her awesomeness reach far and wide!
Old 01-27-2008
I'm so original

SadieHawkinsDance is on a distinguished road

I think that they will get away from the actual romance in the show and just focus on the cute flirting. It's true that romances sometimes ruin shows like this; although everyone that I've talked to has said that Shawn and Juliet would be a cute couple. And I've noticed that there is far less Shules as well. It makes me sad

^Signature made my psych_ologist. You are amazing : D

Mind control
Old 01-29-2008
Castiel is love

Psych_ic is on a distinguished road

I agree that relationships between characters sometimes ruins shows, and in this case, I think that because Psych is only in its second season, it wouldn't be wise for the writers to create an episode where Shawn and Juliet get together. Sure, it would be great for the first few episodes, but honestly, the reason why I think that the chemistry between Shawn and Juliet works is because they aren't dating. (Is this making any sense?)

I think that they (mainly Shawn) should continue to flirt (come on; who doesn't love that?) for now. (And maybe, in the series finale, or the second to last episode, they should get together. )
Old 01-29-2008

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

I have to agree that it would be a bad time to pick up the romance thing. Not only is the flirting far more fun, I also think that Shawn as a character is much more interesting if he's 'free to flirt'. Though he hasn't fallen for another woman who turned out to be a murderer in quite a while
The almost kiss, as nice as it was, maybe was even a step too far. James has said repeatedly in interviews that it created expectations of which he doesn't know whether they'll be able to fulfil them in the near future.
I'd prefer it if they leave things just like they are. It's more fun that way.

Old 01-29-2008

Psych_Lover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Psych_Lover Send a message via MSN to Psych_Lover

I like having it the way it is. It makes you want to say get together and keep watching the show. It's like the x-files it took over 6 seasons for scully and mulder together. And same with gilmore girls i loved it when luke and lorelai got together but then the writers seemed to lose interest and cause drama and that made me not want to watch the show. anyway i just ramble on about almost nothing.

Thanks to JessicaRae for making the Banner!
Old 01-29-2008
Life's a squishable jello

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice

well i had no expectations with the almost kiss...i knew what the writers were going to do, because as many said already having them actually getting together would ruin the show, personally, i have no idea how true that is...but then again half the fun is getting there right ...anyways they probably won't get together til the last season, she probably might find out about him not being psychic before ...i don't know...but ye i think they'll wait til the last season...let's just hope they don't completely regress in the shules thing and we still get some nice moments in between to tide us over

yes it's quite true, I'm a freak over anime and manga XD
Old 01-29-2008

Frenchgirl is on a distinguished road

I can think about a lot of shows which didn't work after the couple getting together. (Moonlighting, Who's the boss, The Nanny, X-Files, for example)
The fan lost interest about the show after that. Now, the producters were afraid by that.
However, Psych isn't the same show. If we watch Psych each weeks It's isn't to see if Shawn and Jules will be together. (Actually I hope that)...Sure, we will be happy when (and not if) this two will be together. But with don't lost the interest for the humor, the psych things, the investigations etc etc etc...

However, I think it isn't the right time now. Shawn isn't mature for a long time relationship.. and I don't want see Shawn become an adult ! And There are no way that Jules is just a one-night girl for Shawn !!!
Old 01-29-2008

Psych_Lover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Psych_Lover Send a message via MSN to Psych_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchgirl View Post
I can think about a lot of shows which didn't work after the couple getting together. (Moonlighting, Who's the boss, The Nanny, X-Files, for example)
The fan lost interest about the show after that. Now, the producters were afraid by that.
However, Psych isn't the same show. If we watch Psych each weeks It's isn't to see if Shawn and Jules will be together. (Actually I hope that)...Sure, we will be happy when (and not if) this two will be together. But with don't lost the interest for the humor, the psych things, the investigations etc etc etc...

However, I think it isn't the right time now. Shawn isn't mature for a long time relationship.. and I don't want see Shawn become an adult ! And There are no way that Jules is just a one-night girl for Shawn !!!
you made a really good point. and i think that is what i was trying to get at in the first place.

Thanks to JessicaRae for making the Banner!
Old 01-29-2008

Shules Spencer is on a distinguished road

As much as I want to see J/S together I think first we need to get a full grasp on who the characters are, and have some question answered:

-What the deal with the relationship strain between Shawn and Henry
-Where's Shawn's mom
-Why did his (Shawn's) 'rent split
-Why did Jules transfer all the way from Miami to Cali (I really wanna know if there's a reason)

I'm sure there more but I think before we get any form of love'in between anyone we have to see the characters develop first. But I would like to see Shawn attempt to kinda of ask Jules out or think about it but he doesn't, but still have him interested in her--he basically get to afriad to make a move.

I also think it would be cool if 'maybe' in like season 5 or something S/J plan to go on a date but right when they get settled in to have a nice dinner a case breaks and kinda ends the date.But ya know I donno if that would be a smart thing to do, even if its sounds good, in away?

I do however hope it's Shawn that tells Jules that he's a fake Psychic. I don't like the idea of her finding out some other way where Shawn doesn't tell her himself. I mean Juliet does have a realationship with Shawn-it may not be a romantic one, but she none the less has a friendship with him which they both care for the other, so I think it'd hurt Jules if she had to found out from someone else or by the slip of a tounge, and not from Shawn himself.

Casey.
Old 01-29-2008

Frenchgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shules Spencer View Post

I do however hope it's Shawn that tells Jules that he's a fake Psychic. I don't like the idea of her finding out some other way where Shawn doesn't tell her himself. I mean Juliet does have a realationship with Shawn-it may not be a romantic one, but she none the less has a friendship with him which they both care for the other, so I think it'd hurt Jules if she had to found out from someone else or by the slip of a tounge, and not from Shawn himself.

Casey.
But that's could be very interesting. If Shawn tells himself Jules it's a good things for theirs relationship (as friend or more, I don't care), but not very interesting.
However if Jules found that herself, or someone else tell her, it's very interesting. How Jules will React ? Maybe she will undertand why Shawn didn't tell anyone. Maybe she will angry with him. Maybe she will never forgive Shawn. And more important, Will She tells everyone the truth ?
If Shawn tells, obloviously, she could be upset but she forgives him and she doesn't tell the truth to the others....