Go Back   Psychfic.com Community > The Psych Ward > Season Two

Old 09-18-2007

Shules Spencer is on a distinguished road
Default Could it be bad news for Shules shippers? (SPOILER)

Don't read whats below if you don't wanna be spoiled.
You have been warned so please, don't get upset

08/09 - Episode 2.11 - Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy: Shawn, Henry and Gus spend time at Gus's parents house around Christmas time, and from comments they make, they obviously do not like the influence Shawn had on Gus growing up. Shawn tries to point out the good parts about him being Gus's friend, yet they have a comeback for every one, including smoking and Gus's asthma. Lassiter spends some time with Juliet and her family around Christmas as well. When Gus's parents' neighbor is killed, a clue leads Lassister to look at Mr. Guster more closely. Evidence leads the police into arresting Gus's mother as well, and Shawn and Gus vow to get them out of jail.

Source: SpoilerFix.com

09/17 - Episode 2.13 - The Old and the Restless: When an elderly man from an old folks home goes missing, Shawn and Gus pretend to be brothers and go with Henry, pretending to be his grandsons, to get Henry into the home so they can come and go to investigate. Lassiter and Juliet pick up a teenage boy that is acting out and becoming a juvenile delinquent, who flirts with Juliet, much to Lassiter's discomfort.

What are you thoughts? Do you think maybe he's just being protective of her or what? I hope he's just being the 'protective brother' and I also hope the x-mas thing is them just becoming friends and finally getting to the groove of being partners, not ya know Lassie fall'in for Jules... That's Shawny boys job. . Lol.

Casey.

Last edited by Shules Spencer; 09-18-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2007
The Bird formerly known as Lycoris

WaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud of

Eh, I think Lassyface learned his lesson with his last pretty blond partner... and besides he's already demonstrating protective older brother quirks. Like in Bounty Hunters when he gets all irate at other cops even with their 'snooping' into what was her mistake. *shrug* I think she's also far too...spry for his tastes, I mean it's downright scary at times, almost too much for Spencer, let alone Lassy. I foresee much irritation...muaha

(Shoot me a PM if you want my messenger info)
Old 09-18-2007

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

I agree with Lycoris. I think in Lassie's case it's really that "older brother" thing, if you can call it like that. Aside from the examples already mentioned, I also think of those scenes when Juliet had her first lead case, and he was trying to teach her all his rules. In the end, when he told her that she should forget about all the rules and just keep in mind that she was a good cop, that was such an older brother/proud mentor moment.
So I think it's that.
But I think it might get interesting, nevertheless. I mean, let's just think about what Shawn is going to do when he finds out Jules spent Christmas with Lassie :scared:

Old 09-18-2007

Raych is a splendid one to beholdRaych is a splendid one to beholdRaych is a splendid one to beholdRaych is a splendid one to beholdRaych is a splendid one to beholdRaych is a splendid one to beholdRaych is a splendid one to behold

I think Lassie spending Christmas with Jules is probably more Jules bullying him into it, because he's going through a divorce and may not have anywhere to go for Christmas.

And I think alot of the "moments" between Lassie and Jules are more partner/mentor type things. Partners spend so much time together they often become friends or confidants to one another.

I agree with Lycoris that Lassie probably learned his lesson with his last partner. If he didn't, well, he is a man. Do they ever really learn their lessons? :tt2:

Raych

Awesome sig by Dragonnan!
Old 09-18-2007
The New Mrs. Lassiter

TheGrrlGeek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheGrrlGeek Send a message via MSN to TheGrrlGeek Send a message via Yahoo to TheGrrlGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shules Spencer View Post
Don't read whats below if you don't wanna be spoiled.
You have been warned so please, don't get upset

08/09 - Episode 2.11 - Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy: Shawn, Henry and Gus spend time at Gus's parents house around Christmas time, and from comments they make, they obviously do not like the influence Shawn had on Gus growing up. Shawn tries to point out the good parts about him being Gus's friend, yet they have a comeback for every one, including smoking and Gus's asthma. Lassiter spends some time with Juliet and her family around Christmas as well. When Gus's parents' neighbor is killed, a clue leads Lassister to look at Mr. Guster more closely. Evidence leads the police into arresting Gus's mother as well, and Shawn and Gus vow to get them out of jail.

09/17 - Episode 2.13 - The Old and the Restless: When an elderly man from an old folks home goes missing, Shawn and Gus pretend to be brothers and go with Henry, pretending to be his grandsons, to get Henry into the home so they can come and go to investigate. Lassiter and Juliet pick up a teenage boy that is acting out and becoming a juvenile delinquent, who flirts with Juliet, much to Lassiter's discomfort.

What are you thought? Do you think maybe he's just being protective of her or what? I hope he's just being the 'protective brother' and I also hope the x-mas thing is them just becoming friends and finally getting to the groove of being partners, not ya know Lassie fall'in for Jules... That's Shawny boys job. . Lol.

Casey.
I think it's a combination of some different things: (1) he's probably alone for the Holidays what with the ex-wife and from what I've read on USA, his family is in New Jersey so Jules invites him to spend time with her family and (2) I think he considers her not only a friend but maybe sees her like a younger sister since his sister lives in New Jersey and he doesn't like the idea of someone being disrespectful towards Jules.
Old 09-18-2007
Sanity Is Overrated

Nyxelestia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyxelestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raych View Post
If he didn't, well, he is a man. Do they ever really learn their lessons? :tt2:
Nope!

Anyway, yeah - I think he's just acting like an older brother or something. I have a friend and some people think we're dating or something, but he's really like my brother.

Same goes for a lot of friends of mine.

I'm not that worried.

Come on, you know I didn't make this.
I couldn't reach this talent, even if I tried.
This is all psych_ologist's creation,
Let her awesomeness reach far and wide!
Old 09-18-2007

Shules Spencer is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with you all on the 'older bro' thing and Jules kinda bullying him into not spending x-mas alone.

KK, still on topic but slightly not...

So I guess were going to meet Jules 'rents in the x-mas eppy? And if so I wonder how that will go across with the boys; Shawn, Gus, Lassie. To me I see:

Gus being Gus and being all 'Hello how wre you, nice to meet you I'm Burton Guster'

I see Lassie being kind of nervous but yet at the sametime trying to slightly uphold his 'tough cop image'.

Shawn is the one I'm most interested in seeing interact with Jules 'rent (if we do in fact get to see them), I in away see him trying to be well mannered but yet his true goofy fun love'in self kinda shines through in the end.

Casey.
Old 10-11-2007

Julietspencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Julietspencer

Quote:
Anyway, yeah - I think he's just acting like an older brother or something.
I used to have this exact same notion...about Lassiter falling fro Juliet. But it seems so weird. At first you would think so becasue of the way he accepted that hug from her in the end of "65 Millions Years Off". How he kept looking jealous of her and Agent Lars Ewing in "Psy Vs. Psy". Shawn couldn't be jealous of Juliet...he had his hands full with that little minx Lindsay.

Oh, and anyone who thinks that Lassiter has learned his lesson after Lucinda should only know that...Yes, he is a man and men have needs. I have seen a lot of co-ed partnerships go crazy to the point of marraige on some cop shows (Example: 4th Season of Silk Stalkings). But we will see what happens in the Christmas Episode of PSYCH. It looks very interesting from what I have read. Oh, and judging by my Signature Pic...you will see that my deal still stands open for anything to happen.

Does anyone agree with what I said?

Thanks and write back,
Rachael

Rachael

Carlton and Juliet FOREVER!!!!
Old 10-11-2007
The Bird formerly known as Lycoris

WaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud ofWaryFalcon has much to be proud of

Hmm I think the jealousy involving Ewing had far more to do with wanting the spotlight and some attaboys from the 'uberlassy' for himself. In the words of Tim, Lassy had a little mancrush on him.

I don't know, I just don't see Jules/Lassy. As far as 'good couples' go if I absolutely had to pick with Jules, I'd say Gus and Jules would go well with each other. Of course, I'm all kindsa certain that the show is pushing for Spencer/Jules. This notion makes me wary, it could be done well or it could kill the show. Of course I'm not a fan of couplings in general in shows, especially if they get the spotlight rather than being a side thing. *shrug* They're just done poorly too often.

(Shoot me a PM if you want my messenger info)
Old 10-12-2007

Xparrot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
I don't know, I just don't see Jules/Lassy. As far as 'good couples' go if I absolutely had to pick with Jules, I'd say Gus and Jules would go well with each other. Of course, I'm all kindsa certain that the show is pushing for Spencer/Jules. This notion makes me wary, it could be done well or it could kill the show. Of course I'm not a fan of couplings in general in shows, especially if they get the spotlight rather than being a side thing. *shrug* They're just done poorly too often.
In total agreement here. I'd be happy if Juliet never got paired with anyone - I love having female characters who exist for reasons other than romance, and Juliet is plenty fun on her own; she doesn't need a love life to be awesome.

But if it had to happen, Gus & Juliet would be adorable. G33k l0v3 4-evah!