Old 12-04-2008
Closet Fangirl

OrangeMochaFraps has a spectacular aura aboutOrangeMochaFraps has a spectacular aura about
Default This Actually Happened

I kid you not, this is a real article:

(http://www.tv.com/story/11691.html?t...es;title;11691)
Quote:

When actor Jimmy Smits plunged a prop knife into stuntman Jeff Chase on the set of Dexter, he probably thought the double deserved an Emmy for his performance. Unfortunately, Chase's reaction wasn't acting--Smits almost skewered the stuntman with a real knife, reports the UK's Daily Star.

Smits, the newest cast member of Showtime's drama, thought he was wielding a fake knife on set and proceeded with the script, deadly steel in hand. Fortunately Chase was wearing a small piece of plastic "the size of a Post-It note" over his heart, which Smits struck with the knife.

Chase was unable to warn Smits of his grievous error, as he was bound in Saran Wrap and had duct tape over his mouth for the scene.

"I heard fellow actor Michael C. Hall yelling at Jimmy to stop--but it was too late," said Chase. I felt the thud in my chest. I didn't have on a metal breastplate like a lot of actors do in a scene like that."

In the preshoot takes, Smits had missed the small piece of plastic protection "eight out of 10 times," but was fortunate enough to aim correctly when the cameras were rolling.

"I really thought I'd been stabbed in the heart, but I didn't have a scratch," said Chase. "Jimmy was devastated and couldn't stop apologizing. I told him, I felt more sorry for him than me."

OK, I'll ask: Why are there real knives near the fake knives?

Sound familiar?
Old 12-04-2008
Dollop of Spicy Goodness

-TheSingingBlob- will become famous soon enough-TheSingingBlob- will become famous soon enough

no way! and thats one of my favorite episodes, too...freaky freaky!
Old 12-05-2008
That's what forgiveness sounds like: screaming, and then silence.

Location: By my giant pretend phone, pretending to give a crap.
RabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant futureRabidPorcupine has a brilliant future

LOL, I remember thinking of Psych when I read an article about that incident. I have no idea why people keep real knives on the set anyways.

Funny thing is, I'm a huge Dexter fan and that piece of news was certainly shocking when it came out, but the spoiler it ended up leaking was incredible too.
Old 12-05-2008
The One and Only...

TheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via MSN to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via Skype™ to TheOneBlueGecko

I am quite happy I did not get spoiled by the Dexter episode by seeing this article earlier, but I am glad you posted it now. That is earlily similar to the psych episode. And I feel so bad for Jimmy Smits, imagine if he had actually hurt the stuntman.
Old 12-10-2008
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

it happened again -

Quote:
An actor portraying a suicide bid accidentally slashed his own throat on-stage following a prop mix-up.

He was taken to hospital after the dramatic scene at Vienna's Burgtheater in Austria.

The audience had been in raptures, unaware the actor was facing his own demise for real.

But when he failed to greet their applause for the show's spectacular special effects with a bow they separated fact from fiction.

Police are now investigating whether the mix-up was murderous.

Officers have refused to rule out the possibility that a jealous rival may have switched the blades.

The knife had been bought at a local store and police are asking if props staff forgot to blunt the blade for the performance of Friedrich Schiller's play Mary Stuart, about Mary Queen of Scots.

"The knife even still had the price tag on it," said a police investigator.

The theatre's props manager has been quizzed by police about the weapon, Austrian daily Osterreich reported.

The actor recovered after emergency treatment and even appeared on stage the next night with a bandage around his neck.

"If Hoevels had hit an artery or cut only slightly deeper, he would have died on stage," a doctor said.
Old 12-11-2008
Closet Fangirl

OrangeMochaFraps has a spectacular aura aboutOrangeMochaFraps has a spectacular aura about

Oh man! That's ridiculous, who knew the Psych writing was so realistic?