Old 03-19-2008

Stellarsiren will become famous soon enough

LittleFairy--Yes, the actress playing Shawn's mom would have to be known well enough in the industry to be a "star name."

Personally I'm not concerned with how long Shawn's mom is around if the story is good and keeps me interested. I could possibly see--since the show is a bit more comedy than drama--her being around for the full season but not in every episode (like Chief Vick--even if Kirsten Nelson wasn't in the episode we knew Chief Vick was the one Lassiter and Juliet answered to). Meaning that her story carries through, but we get more than just everything being about the Spencers. Hope I made some sense...:confused1:

sig courtesy of LittleFairy
Old 03-19-2008

darth_sparrow will become famous soon enough

That's a very good point. As long as she doesn't linger into EVERY episode, I'd be totally fine with her hanging around all season. It would provide some great tension/angst/who knows what other loveliness for the WHOLE season.

Brilliant.

Haha...

Follow me on Tumblr
Old 03-19-2008
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

I definitely think she'll mix things up - i can see her flirting with an uncomfortable Lassiter and psycho-analysing Juliet

I'm looking forward to what she'll mean to Shawn and Henry. It'll obviously put Shawn in the middle with his parents competing for Shawn's attention and telling Shawn their sides of the story etc - it'll be intersting to see how Shawn deals with that
Old 03-19-2008

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

I agree that she'll definitely stir things up, not only but hopefully mostly between Shawn and Henry.
From the little we've seen of Shawn's reactions when his mother was mentioned, he seems very protective of her, especially towards Henry. ("I was helping my Mom through her divorce", and that disbelieving snort he made when Henry said that he hoped his ex-wife was happy in "Black and Tan" come to mind immediately).
Now that Henry and Shawn seem to have grown closer again, I'm so excited to see her stir that up again. I'm looking forward to some Shawn/Henry angst. Hey, a girl can wish, right? I thought as much.

Old 03-19-2008
Admin

Jenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms start

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFairy View Post
From the little we've seen of Shawn's reactions when his mother was mentioned, he seems very protective of her, especially towards Henry. ("I was helping my Mom through her divorce", and that disbelieving snort he made when Henry said that he hoped his ex-wife was happy in "Black and Tan" come to mind immediately).
You know, I'm really curious about what she'll have to say to Shawn because I agree and think Shawn is a bit protective of his mother (unless he was just saying/doing those things to make Henry more mad/guilty).

Because of this whole "misconceptions about the divorce" topic, I'm excited to see Shawn's reactions in the first episode. If he has been protecting his mom and it turns out that she isn't as innocent in the whole divorce thing as Shawn makes her out to be, I think that's going to be a lot for the poor guy to take in.

There's a degree of difficulty in dealing with me

Old 03-19-2008

Stellarsiren will become famous soon enough

I never got that Shawn was making her out to be "innocent" with the whole divorce thing, just that he perhaps got along better with her because Henry was always there pushing him to be a cop. And I do think Shawn mentioned his mom when he did during the two seasons to get a reaction from his father. Least that's what I got

sig courtesy of LittleFairy
Old 03-25-2008

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

A tidbit of new info on Shawn's Mom, but mainly the first info on the new episode! YAY!
Just found this, source is Watch with Kristin, though I found it on Spoiler TV:

Julie in Huntington Beach, Calif.: On Psych, have they started casting Shawn's mother yet? Any news on who we'll see?
They're working on casting the Shawn-mom right this minute, and they're hoping for somebody big...like maybe a former Academy Award winner, although I'm personally rooting for '80s TV actresses, e.g., Joanna Kerns. As for the rest of the season-opener, Psych boss Steve Franks tells me, "So far there's a fair amount of weighty stuff in the premiere as well as our most unexpected culprit yet. We learn so much of the origin of the issues between Henry and Shawn. Oh, and it's a ghost story, too..."

Academy Award winning actress or '80s TV-Star, I'll take whatever they come up with because I'm convinced it'll be great.
"fair amount of weighty stuff?"
"origin of hte issues between Henry and Shawn"
- sounds like a whole lot of angst to me
And a ghost story, too. Now I'm a happy camper!
Laura

Old 03-25-2008
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

oooh i cannot WAIT for the Shawn/Henry scenes in the first ep! i'm hoping for dollops of angst!!! maybe some mistunderstandings between the two and the mother knocking their heads together with some no-nonsense talking!!! lol
Old 03-25-2008

headstrong maven is on a distinguished road

OMG, I am so looking forward to this, I mean I was going through withdrawls but now...I am like counting down the days 'til summer!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for spoilers, I personally think that the producers will go with someone from the '80's, but as long as she fits and looks the part, I'm happy, as always. Seriously I am never disapointed with Psych!
Old 10-02-2008
Proud Abby Fan

SydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud ofSydneyWoo has much to be proud of

I honestly have nothing to say....just filling in space until another message goes through....

*blank space...yadda yadda yadda.....*

Thanks!