Go Back   Psychfic.com Community > The Psych Ward > Season Seven

Old 12-06-2014
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaK View Post
I bow before you, oh great one!
Thanks!
YAAAAAAY!!!! Very happy I could help!

Old 01-22-2015
"Delight... Commit... Be still..." Ps 37:4-7

PapayaK will become famous soon enoughPapayaK will become famous soon enough

Finale questions:
Is the fact that Shawn tells Henry: "And keep your belly button covered at all costs" a reference to anything in particular? I have noticed that while Shawn doesn't take his shirt off, he does flash his belly occasionally (I always thought it was kinda cute). Did he get flack for this or something? Is it 'a thing?'
Also, is the fact that Juliet is stirring something with a whisk at the beginning of the ep a reference to anything in particular? Of all the millions of things they could have had her doing, why the whisk? It seems unusually domestic for her, so I was wondering if it was some kind of 'shout out.' There were a lot of those in the finale and I'm sure I missed some.
Old 01-22-2015

redwolffclaw will become famous soon enoughredwolffclaw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaK View Post
Finale questions:
Is the fact that Shawn tells Henry: "And keep your belly button covered at all costs" a reference to anything in particular? I have noticed that while Shawn doesn't take his shirt off, he does flash his belly occasionally (I always thought it was kinda cute). Did he get flack for this or something? Is it 'a thing?'
Also, is the fact that Juliet is stirring something with a whisk at the beginning of the ep a reference to anything in particular? Of all the millions of things they could have had her doing, why the whisk? It seems unusually domestic for her, so I was wondering if it was some kind of 'shout out.' There were a lot of those in the finale and I'm sure I missed some.

If you've ever seen the episode "The Polarizing Express" Corbin's belly button is very much an outie, and Shawn pokes fun at it. That is why he wants Henry to keep it covered.

The whole whisk thing is a running joke because Shawn gave Henry a hard time for owning one at one point.
Old 01-22-2015
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolffclaw View Post
If you've ever seen the episode "The Polarizing Express" Corbin's belly button is very much an outie, and Shawn pokes fun at it. That is why he wants Henry to keep it covered.

The whole whisk thing is a running joke because Shawn gave Henry a hard time for owning one at one point.
You guys are awesome for noticing that, because I never did.

Old 04-20-2016
Not obsessed...passionate.

jackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nice

Finally got to season 8! I'm loving the remake episode because it's about meteorology! That's what I have my degree in! Although...we do more than just TV...just saying. Haha.
Old 04-21-2016

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiekat View Post
Finally got to season 8! I'm loving the remake episode because it's about meteorology! That's what I have my degree in! Although...we do more than just TV...just saying. Haha.
OOooh, prepare for some more good stuff to come!
Old 05-04-2016
Not obsessed...passionate.

jackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nice

I finished Psych! I'm happy I finally did so...and sad that it's over. Seasons 6-8 were pretty awesome

The series finale...oh man, what a time I picked to watch that episode. That episode is literally about Shawn moving on with his life and leaving friends...well this week for me is graduation week. Guess what's happening in MY life?? I'm moving on and leaving friends. Also guess who was crying by the time the episode ended because it punched me in my emotions? THIS GIRL. Was not expecting the episode or my feelings to get so real...

But it was good and a great end to the series.
Old 05-04-2016

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I finished Psych! I'm happy I finally did so...and sad that it's over. Seasons 6-8 were pretty awesome

The series finale...oh man, what a time I picked to watch that episode. That episode is literally about Shawn moving on with his life and leaving friends...well this week for me is graduation week. Guess what's happening in MY life?? I'm moving on and leaving friends. Also guess who was crying by the time the episode ended because it punched me in my emotions? THIS GIRL. Was not expecting the episode or my feelings to get so real...

Yay, so glad you liked it! And who didn't get hit by spontaneous hayfever by the end of the episode, amirite?

And lucky for you, the new Psych rewatch begins today, so you start right from the beginning all over again! There's nothing like getting over the end of a show by rewatching it.
Old 05-04-2016
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! I'm so glad you liked it!! I felt a combo of dread and panic the whole last season but was SO delighted by the way they put the finale together! I feel like, yes they've made changes, but also that their lives will only be that much better and more thrilling! And it also doesn't shut down the fanfic inspiration one bit the way some series finalies do!

Old 10-04-2017

So I'm gonna put this here because I couldn't find a subforum talking about season 8 and/or its individual episodes.
I'll also mention the movie, but that's just because I can't talk Psych without drifting off into speculation about the movie these days.

So, I'm thinking maybe I didn't give season 8 the credit it deserved. I knew I really liked Lock Stock, Psych Odyssey, Nightmare on State Street and of course the finale, but upon my current rewatch I have to say I didn't realise how good Shawn And Gus Truck Things Up and A Touch Of Sweevil are.

They're just plain old Shawn and Gus shenanigans, the former with an added Shawn and Henry moment we haven't seen in a long time at that point, and the latter with some physical comedy that had been lacking.

And I don't mind the challenge Brannigan poses on Shawn. Remember in the musical when Yang calls out Shawn for "losing it"? They kind of come back to that in this episode:

Shawn: We think you poisoned Stein.
James Earl Craig: Interesting. Why would I do that when his blessing is the only thing that could possibly get my career back on track?
S: The career you lost when he outed you as a fraud last year.
JEC: Stein branded me a hoax, because I was getting lazy. Instead of reading minds, I was merely relying on my keen powers of observation.
S: You should be ashamed of your damned self.
JEC: I came up here to prove to Stein that I've rededicated myself to my craft.

Now this might just be me, but I kind of saw this as a parallel to Shawn, after months spent doing practically nothing, and a long time before that where he became kind of complacent. Almost like he became complacent in all these other jobs he had before Psych, which he would do just long enough to master them, and then move on. Brannigan now challenges him in a way he hasn't been challenged in a while, and it's up to him to decide whether or not he can rise up to it.

Going forward, we only have the Nightmare and final episodes left. Nightmare of course deals with Gus and his fears and concerns, but in The Break-up, Shawn and Gus once again go head to head with the force of crime solving nature that is Brannigan. They beat her, barely, but with everything happening up to that moment I feel like Shawn has accepted the fact that maybe he has mastered one more job and that it's time to move on. Not just because of Jules, but because he needs a change of pace, too.

So with that in mind I'm really looking forward to what we'll learn in the movie about what the gang has been up to these past 3 years. From interviews we know that Shawn is still solving crimes, with or without Gus, but somehow I got the impression he may not have continued in the way we are accustomed to. Maybe he's become areal PI. Maybe he got a completely different job and only does some sleuthing on the side. In any case, I would like to think that because of the move and new environment, and whatever development has happened in his relationship(s), we'll get to see a more focused Shawn who brings his a-game instead of lazy observations. (Mostly because we already know whodunnit, so there is no need to figure out the perpetrator this time around.)

And that's my rant of the week over, thank you.