Old 06-30-2017

Koohii Kappu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleHead View Post
It does feel really rewarding, especially since I didn't even think that that fic was very good when I posted it. It's nice to know that people get something out of it and that I'm not just talking to thin air. ...Again.

You'll finish something one of these days! I believe in you!

I say go for it!!! I'll be right behind you!

Sweet! They'll get there eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Oh! Before I forget: I saw your review for Dusk. Sorry I haven't replied to it yet. You're very kind! I'm sorry that it left you wishing for more (and also kinda not sorry, because that must mean you liked it). The whole thing actually started off as a kind of joke, so I was surprised when I ended up writing that story completely seriously and getting very attached to it. I actually was thinking of tacking on a Part 2 about Wolfy Shawn (because he is just too darn cute as a little werewolf), but I never got around to writing it. I was glad that you liked it, though.
Haha, I know the feeling! XD Like, I know that the read count says a lot of people clicked on said story, but it doesn't feel real until someone actually SAYS something about it, y'know? And you feel like that one person in the corner who's just like "Story? . . . Anyone? . . . No? Okay." It's an amazing feeling when you know someone actually enjoyed it ^^ I'm really happy for you!

Thanks~! =D

I love the ones that come from jokes! XD Sometimes I write stuff when I'm really hyper and then come back to it later and think "What the heck is wrong with me?!" *coughcoughRidingTheLightningcoughcough* It's the best when they actually turn out really good, though.
Aww, werewolf Shawn~~~
Old 06-30-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinerGuy View Post
*whispers* Everyone with WIPs that were posted does. It's honestly only natural, as a writer, to want to finish a thing you started. Especially when other people have read what you've written already.

*hides her own WIPs behind her back*

*casually drops them to the floor and kicks them under the rug*

What? Nothing to see here! No idea what you could mean...

This is so true! I love coming up with titles for Psych fics. Plus, they play off of all sorts of other titles and phrases, so it's really fun to fiddle with them in that regard. Hehe

Have you seen The Name Game thread in the games section of the forum? That one is so fun, and I've lost track of the number of fics I've written based off of that thread... which means I can't actually take credit for all of my fic titles.

I know what you mean! A lot of high school was us doing it on our own and asking when we had questions. The different curricula my mom used was great for that sort of self-teaching though (plus my mom is crazy smart - she was a math/computer science double major in college - so she knew a lot to teach us anyway). Although I got way ahead of her in history because I was such a bookworm growing up. (And yes, college is not cheap. lol Hence most people with student loans.)

I mean, hey, you have time to figure it out! Honestly, I picked English because I liked to read and write, but I wasn't sure that's what I wanted to do eventually. And then I realized my grammar nerdiness could be used in editing - I credit PF for that realization, actually, when I realized how much I loved beta-reading. But I do want to write novels too one day (if I can ever finish one of the dozen or more that I have bits and pieces of already lol).

*waves pompoms*
Not for me, really. I feel no sympathy for the people who've read it. XDD I mean, maybe I'll get a LITTLE bit guilty, but I was writing it only for myself anyway so I'm like, "meh". I'm a terrible human being~
Haha! XD That's pretty much me with every story ever!

Ahhh, yes! So true! Psych is just a fun fandom to play with all around. It's a comedy/crime series, but it's so crazy and random that you could write a story about literally ANYTHING and it'd be considered normal XD They've done literally every genre at some point!

No, I'll have to check that out! =D That seems like fun~

Yup! Whenever I get stuck, I have to wait for my dad to come home. XD It's cool that your mom is super smart! Mine used to be a teacher, but I forget which subject. I think she worked with special needs kids. Anyway, a lot of homeschooling is self-teaching, yeah XD Which I think I actually prefer. I don't think I'd like having a teacher, simply because even if I already understood the point of the lesson I'd have to sit and keep listening to him/her anyway.

Yes! Editing is a lot of fun! Reading a story where the grammar is incorrect is one of my biggest pet peeves. I just HAVE to fix it XP In real life speech and messages and stuff, I'm a lot more loose because I think my personality comes through much better that way. But if someone is trying to tell a story and their grammar is a mess, I can't stand it. XP I'm the same way with novels!
Old 06-30-2017

http://psychfic.com/community/showth...713#post138713

Link to the thread with the new game! =D