Old 06-27-2012
"I'm stupid good."

Kirei is just really niceKirei is just really niceKirei is just really niceKirei is just really niceKirei is just really nice

I solemnly vow to have the next chapter of No Place To Hide up by tonight.

(Theory is that if I post it here, I'll get my butt in gear and fulfill my vow. ^_^)
Old 06-27-2012
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Thank you Kirei and Zed!! Ya'll are my freaking heroes!! I LOVE your stories so much!!!

And as another reminder
(and sorry for not pimping this thread more - the upcoming move to Minnesota/job hunt/CCON/insurance loss/packing packing PACKING has my brain all frazzled) we still need more stories! So if anyone else is thinking or has started or is even moderately interested, tell me what I can do to motivate/encourage/bribe/threaten!!

WOOT!!

Old 06-27-2012

GallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really nice

I have been fiddling with some ideas for this, but I haven't had any time recently to work on it due to the teaching job hunt. Tomorrow I will have filed my last application, so hopefully I can work on something for this, if for no other reason than so we have enough entries for the challenge.
Old 06-27-2012
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallowsHumor View Post
I have been fiddling with some ideas for this, but I haven't had any time recently to work on it due to the teaching job hunt. Tomorrow I will have filed my last application, so hopefully I can work on something for this, if for no other reason than so we have enough entries for the challenge.
So should I put you down for "encourage" "cheerlead" or "threaten with bricks"?

Old 06-27-2012

GallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really niceGallowsHumor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
So should I put you down for "encourage" "cheerlead" or "threaten with bricks"?
Bricks. Always.
Old 07-02-2012

How fast and loose can we play with these tropes? I am looking at some of the examples and they aren't literally people getting trapped in a freezer, but more just folks getting trapped in airtight rooms.
Old 07-02-2012
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallowsHumor View Post
How fast and loose can we play with these tropes? I am looking at some of the examples and they aren't literally people getting trapped in a freezer, but more just folks getting trapped in airtight rooms.
The tropes are very vast as far as it goes. In my book, if you have an inspiration that has even a tenuous connection to the challenge, PLEASE write! I'm extremely excited about ficcage and would love to see what you have in mind!

Old 07-03-2012
Not of this whirled. Wow, I'm so punny.

whirlgirl will become famous soon enough

You know what's funny, one of the tropes in this challenge came in helpful for my SBTown tag. :-)

I still want to write a fic specific to this challenge though. Unfortunately, I'm still busy wrapping up the aforementioned tag. :-(
Old 07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
The tropes are very vast as far as it goes. In my book, if you have an inspiration that has even a tenuous connection to the challenge, PLEASE write! I'm extremely excited about ficcage and would love to see what you have in mind!
Awesome. ::tries to stop drawing Iron Man long enough to write something::
Old 09-14-2012
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Submissions still open! Please enter!

WHUMPING WITH TROPES!!!

Once again I found inspiration from the Whump Game, which is an EPIC resource for plot bunnies!!

Now, as there are a bazillion tropes just dying (heh) to be exploited, I've narrowed the list for convenience.

1. The Can Kicked Him: "The fictional bathroom can be a truly dangerous place. It is fraught, among others, with assassins, demons, and killer mutant creatures. This is very possibly why Nobody Poops. A death or injury in the bathroom is a one-way ticket to a legacy of ignominy, and the prevalence of scary water-closet events seems to speak of a deeper human fear of vulnerability in this most private of places."
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...heCanKickedHim

2. Conveyor Belt-O-Doom: "The villain ties the goodie to a conveyor belt, an ore cart, a log floating in a flume, or any other mechanized delivery system. At the other end is a blast furnace, grinding machine, large saw or other such unfriendly device, into whose open maw the hero is expected to go. Often found in factories, mills, mines, labs, sweatshops and other places that have safety issues."
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...veyorBeltODoom

3. Locked in a Freezer: "Two or more characters are locked in a walk-in freezer, meat locker, bank vault, or some other small, contained space where they're subjected to extreme cold, lack of oxygen, or both. Death is usually imminent. The characters talk a lot, often coming to a greater understanding of each other. Rescue comes in the nick of time. Sometimes."
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ckedInAFreezer

Requirements:

1. Story must be focused on a popular trope from the list.

2. You need to incorporate Ding Dongs (the snack cake)

3. Two or more people need to have a conversation about zombies

Due Date for story completion: TBD

Voting will take place TBD
(CHALLENGE HAS BEEN EXTENDED - DUE DATE TBD)

Stories must be linked back to this thread as follows:

Title
Author
Summary
Prompt
Link

Your prompt can be included in your story notes if you don't want to put it in your summary.

Happy Whumping!

Rules:

1. There must be a minimum of 4 submissions for a contest to proceed.

2. One story per contest per person.

3. Stories must fulfill all requirements of the contests in order to qualify.

4. Stories MUST be completed by the due date or the contest is canceled for that month.

4. Winners are chosen by vote. The prize is a custom forum signature created by me.