Old 03-20-2013
Massie's real caretaker

BlkLunaDragon is on a distinguished road
Default The Dragon's Den of Art

Okay. So I figured I'll make my own little niche here to showcase some artwork that I'm working on. I'm not a serious artist (as I don't make a living off of it), but I do love drawing and such when inspiration hits me.

Current project: Western Zodiac (tribal ink)

I know this is the last day for Pisces, but it's better than late. Right? This was done for a friend for her birthday. Tomorrow, I'll upload Aries.

Old 03-21-2013
Not obsessed...passionate.

jackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nice

That is so cool! Seriously awesome. Definitely show us more.

Also, your signature...makes me so happy...Assassin's Creed is amazing! I got to cosplay as Altair once! (I'm assuming that's what it's from, if not...ignore this, lol.)
Old 03-21-2013
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkLunaDragon View Post
Okay. So I figured I'll make my own little niche here to showcase some artwork that I'm working on. I'm not a serious artist (as I don't make a living off of it), but I do love drawing and such when inspiration hits me.

Current project: Western Zodiac (tribal ink)

I know this is the last day for Pisces, but it's better than late. Right? This was done for a friend for her birthday. Tomorrow, I'll upload Aries.

This is really, really beautiful!! I like the design and the minimal color palette! It's very bold and striking! Awesome work!

Old 03-21-2013
Massie's real caretaker

Thanks jackiekat and dragonnan for the comments. It makes me so bubbly inside. @jackiekat: Yes my signature is from Assassin's Creed. I love the series and have every game except for the ones on handhelds I'll be getting my hands of AC: Black Flag when it comes out. It's cool you dressed up as Altair. A friend of mine was going to build me a working hidden blade, so I can go around leaping off of buildings to stab people... I'm joking. It was for an original AC Halloween costume and it had fail-safes so I won't stab people by accident when shaking hands. Never got it done because of school and I moved away.

Ok here is Aries.
Funny story about this one. I originally wanted a more natural setting with grass and such, but my brother persuaded me (heavily might I add) to go the route of fire. I'm guessing me dubbing this one the "Ram of War" because it looks like it has armor on, probably pushed for the fire addition, and it helps that Aries is a fire element sign. *shrugs* Whatever fits as I say.

Old 03-21-2013
Not obsessed...passionate.

jackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nice

That is so good too!!! I'm loving these! I do really like the flames.

And yay AC! Funny story about how I got into these games: my friend at college loves them and he plays them all the time, and I would get bored at night so I'd watch him play while doing homework. So even though I've never actually played any AC game (don't own a system that runs them except my laptop and I'm working on getting them), I've seen every one played all the way through.

This same friend has an Ezio costume and his friend has her Altair costume. (I borrowed hers when I dressed up as Altair). They're completely homemade and actually have hidden blades made out of blocks of wood. So for Halloween they both dressed up and went parkour-ing around campus and climbed lots of buildings. I have some epic pictures.

Anyway...love your art! Hope to see more soon.
Old 03-21-2013
Is it real, this infusion?

silverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to silverluna Send a message via MSN to silverluna

These are so very cool! They're so detailed and geometric. Do they take a while to complete? What media do you use? Colored pencils? Oil pastels? Markers? Or are these digital?

I love the way the colors are saved for the show of the elements. Very cool take on the Zodiac!

Banner and Icon by me

Old 03-22-2013
Massie's real caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverluna View Post
These are so very cool! They're so detailed and geometric. Do they take a while to complete? What media do you use? Colored pencils? Oil pastels? Markers? Or are these digital?

I love the way the colors are saved for the show of the elements. Very cool take on the Zodiac!

Thanks silverluna and jackiekat!
They're first drawn with pencil on plain white paper and then gone back over with a black ink pen (water and smear resistant). The color is also from an ink pen. I didn't want to deal with the bleed effect with markers.

They should take a day's worth of time from concept to finish drawing, if I stay focus on it the whole time. Usually I end up starting on a Friday afternoon, draw out the basic design, go to bed, and then ink it in the morning. I could show the steps I took to make them, since I take pictures as I go to get feedback from my brother. He's the one that also suggested I add a water design and add color to the Pisces.
Another note: my bro is the one that started this whole project because he wanted me to design a memorial tattoo for him and it turn from a regular drawing to tribal. I could show that too, if anyone wants to see it.

I don't do digital art, since I don't have any programs to do those on other than MS paint. Pain in the butt that is, but I did do a picture with MS paint a long time ago. It took months. I'll post it on here later because I'm so proud of it.
Old 03-22-2013
Massie's real caretaker

Ok so it took me a while to find this MS (microsoft) paint picture I did back in 07. It's done entirely, from the ground up, on the computer with a mouse. No digital pen or touch screen. No scanned outline. Just me, my thoughts, and a determination to get it finished.

And this one I ran across as I was looking for the MS paint pic. Outlined with pencil and then scanned into MS paint to fill in the black. I tried to get rid of the pencil afterwards, but got lazy and gave up. Done for brother's graduation because his school has an eagle for the mascot.

Old 04-30-2013
Massie's real caretaker

Okay continuing the Western Zodiac. Here's Taurus. A birthday gift to myself, since I am one and my day is coming.

Old 07-02-2013
Massie's real caretaker

I know I skipped a bunch of zodiacs, but a friend requested a Leo drawing back in May. So I did it... after some um... other distractions were completed. I know the next one will be Libra since one of my cousins requested one way back in early April and I've been having a little trouble getting the right design down. Anyway. Here's Leo.