Go Back   Psychfic.com Community > The Administration > Suggestion Box

Old 04-13-2009
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

That sounds really awesome!

I don't know if any of these are really spectacular, but I'll just toss them out there for fun:

- Psych poetry corner
- Psych trival persuit online chat game
- Psych mystery of the week (they do this one on the USA Monk site)

Old 04-13-2009
mommy

Tazmy is a splendid one to beholdTazmy is a splendid one to beholdTazmy is a splendid one to beholdTazmy is a splendid one to beholdTazmy is a splendid one to beholdTazmy is a splendid one to beholdTazmy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Tazmy

If we do a newsletter, which sounds like an awesome idea, what about an "author spotlight" which features a new author each month or so.
Old 04-13-2009
Wanted:a Shawn of my own!

MorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to MorganAdams Send a message via Yahoo to MorganAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
- Psych poetry corner
This could be really fun. I haven't written Psych-inspired poetry yet, mainly because I wouldn't post it as a story, but I might consider if there was a "corner" for it. Others might do so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRae View Post
If we make a Challenges category, then fics in answer to the challeges can ONLY be archived in the Challenges category. Like the VS episodes are ONLY in the Virtual Season category.
I think would be great! I might suggest two categories - one for Weekly and one for Monthly.

(banner and avatar courtesy of TerpsichoreanCat - thank you!)
Old 04-13-2009
Administrator

JessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud of

I really think a newsletter would be solid addition to Psychfic, and I'm pretty much approving that idea right now. I'll make a new thread here in the Suggestions forum for the Newsletter, where we can direct all ideas and such. And the newsletter is definitely something I'll need help getting together.

http://www.psychfic.com/community/showthread.php?t=1977

Old 04-16-2009

Stray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to behold

This isn't really an idea for an archive but for a section on the forum. We have the Psychfic part but we don't have a part for JUST fic. I was thinking that it'd be awesome if we could have a whole section dedicated to threads just about specific fics on the forum. For instance Sydney's fic I See Your Hubris... And I Raise You Fifty (http://www.psychfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=1099) *pimps her fic* could have a thread where people can talk about it and discuss it. I dunno if others would be up to this but it'd be a fun little way to have a live book club... Everyone here is too nice to make it mean spirited at any rate. It's just a little idea. I know there was an idea like this for the VS but that didn't go anywhere.
Old 04-16-2009

SilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud ofSilentlyRead has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SilentlyRead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
- Psych mystery of the week (they do this one on the USA Monk site)
Building off of dragonnan's idea, you could even set it up kind of like one of those mystery dinners/trains; where the visitors (and other writers) try to solve who committed the crime. In away it would be kind of like an interactive fic and of course these crimes could be written with a Psych-like flair or even with our beloved characters.

One random suggestion that popped in my head was to have a Psych story-train... instead of a sentence it could be a paragraph (or 100 words). That way it would be interactive as a community and we can have a nice final product once it's done.
Old 07-06-2009
Yes, I am just that awesome.

Spencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray View Post
This isn't really an idea for an archive but for a section on the forum. We have the Psychfic part but we don't have a part for JUST fic. I was thinking that it'd be awesome if we could have a whole section dedicated to threads just about specific fics on the forum. For instance Sydney's fic I See Your Hubris... And I Raise You Fifty (http://www.psychfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=1099) *pimps her fic* could have a thread where people can talk about it and discuss it. I dunno if others would be up to this but it'd be a fun little way to have a live book club... Everyone here is too nice to make it mean spirited at any rate. It's just a little idea. I know there was an idea like this for the VS but that didn't go anywhere.
I think this is a good idea!! I remember when i first joined the forums I was thinking about it because i love discussing fics but i never found the idea section.
Old 09-06-2009
Your Mom

MusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant futureMusicalLuna has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MusicalLuna Send a message via MSN to MusicalLuna Send a message via Yahoo to MusicalLuna

Hey, Jessie!

I was wondering if we might be able to get a "Primary Cast" option under Characters on PF. I'm thinking that would help reduce instances of over-character-labeling and it would help make it clear which fics were full-cast participation fics.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2009
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalLuna View Post
Hey, Jessie!

I was wondering if we might be able to get a "Primary Cast" option under Characters on PF. I'm thinking that would help reduce instances of over-character-labeling and it would help make it clear which fics were full-cast participation fics.

Thanks!
Oh, awesome idea!

Old 09-06-2009
The One and Only...

TheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via MSN to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via Skype™ to TheOneBlueGecko

Ditto on the awesome idea comment. That would be perfect to have. And much better than seeing giant lists of characters when basically the fic is about everyone.

Tags
archive questions, psychfic archive