Old 04-13-2009
Administrator

JessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud of
Question Ideas for the Psychfic Archive

I'm looking for suggestions of things we can do to get the visitors and writers on Psychfic more active. Not to say there isn't activity, but I think it would be fun and will make Psychfic even more interactive if we can think of some games or something. Stuff to ignite more stories on Psychfic and reader involvement.

Maybe a scavenger hunt where I hide things in the skins and pages or something... Pineapple???

Do you get what I'm going for here? I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but just give me some ideas of activities we could do that could involve both writers and visitors on Psychfic.

I know we have the challenges on the forum, and I intend to advertise them better on the archive. Get them better noticed. A lot of these changes will come after an archive update and a switch over to a dedicated server(instead of a shared server), which will probably happen within a week or two.

I'm also thinking of adding a section to the archive that will be informative about the show, Psych. Episode guides and stuff. I'd love some help with that if anyone would like to offer...

Let me know your thoughts...

Old 04-13-2009

Stray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to behold

Ooh. I like this idea.

What about a newsletter like the one you had planned for DD? I'd say it'd probably be best to make that monthly or bi-monthly 'cause after a while keeping up with it can get tiring. Maybe just have an article or two posted each month by someone/a few someone's to go along with the older ones... Err. Like two specific people are set to have an article to go every three months and then two other people have to have one set the month before them... Oh gosh, I'm failing here. I'm just saying it'd be good to plan it in a way where people don't get overwhelmed and end up hating themselves for agreeing to take it on... *facepalms* I'm sorry. I just think some sort of newsletter would be awesome.
Old 04-13-2009
MishaMinion #461

windscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms start
Send a message via MSN to windscryer Send a message via Yahoo to windscryer

Oooooh episode guide . . .

Perhaps, in there somewhere, we could adapt Drag's canon guide? With a requirement that the specific episode be noted for reference?

Or possibly character profiles with those little details noted at the bottom and a reference episode annotation included?

I'd be willing to help draw some of those up.

And I love the idea of a scavenger hunt/easter egg type thing! Would there be something for finding them or possibly links to, say, the official site or something?

WHEE WEBSITES AND PSYCH!
Old 04-13-2009

Stray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by windscryer View Post
Oooooh episode guide . . .

Perhaps, in there somewhere, we could adapt Drag's canon guide? With a requirement that the specific episode be noted for reference?

Or possibly character profiles with those little details noted at the bottom and a reference episode annotation included?

I'd be willing to help draw some of those up.

And I love the idea of a scavenger hunt/easter egg type thing! Would there be something for finding them or possibly links to, say, the official site or something?

WHEE WEBSITES AND PSYCH!
Yesyes! A canon page would be AWESOME. Any maybe if you advertise the challenges more you could set up a specific link/page for those? Make it more accessible. The fanfic ones I mean. If they get too big then they might even be bothersome to those who stalk the "recently updated" list 'cause it bumps all the other fics down... That's just something to consider in the future, they're really rather small and spread out right now.

ALSO! I think the Virtual Seasons could use a place set apart all of their own. Or at least a page describing what they are. For the longest time before I found the forum (and then even longer after that) I had NO clue what the VS meant or how it worked. Some sort of explanation on the main site for newbs would be awesome and maybe get the VS more attention too.

I'm rambly tonight. Sorry.
Old 04-13-2009
MishaMinion #461

windscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms start
Send a message via MSN to windscryer Send a message via Yahoo to windscryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray View Post
ALSO! I think the Virtual Seasons could use a place set apart all of their own. Or at least a page describing what they are. For the longest time before I found the forum (and then even longer after that) I had NO clue what the VS meant or how it worked. Some sort of explanation on the main site for newbs would be awesome and maybe get the VS more attention too.
Maybe just a general guide to fandom/lexicon of terms with specific Psych-related examples or definitions? I know those of us that have been around a while have a tendency to forget that it's a bit of a foreign language when you first get in.

I'd be willing to help write that up too.
Old 04-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by windscryer View Post
Maybe just a general guide to fandom/lexicon of terms with specific Psych-related examples or definitions? I know those of us that have been around a while have a tendency to forget that it's a bit of a foreign language when you first get in.

I'd be willing to help write that up too.
OHH! GENIUS! I second this idea!
Old 04-13-2009
Professional Stalker

Isis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud ofIsis has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Isis Send a message via MSN to Isis Send a message via Yahoo to Isis Send a message via Skype™ to Isis

what about a quiz? different levels of difficulty, ones with pictures where you guess the episode etc

I like the idea of a scavenger hunt, maybe add the quiz idea and the questions lead to stories in the archive, the answers are inside the stories things like that?
Old 04-13-2009
Administrator

JessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud ofJessicaRae has much to be proud of

I love all the suggestions so far! Keep them coming, and flesh them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray View Post
Yesyes! A canon page would be AWESOME. Any maybe if you advertise the challenges more you could set up a specific link/page for those? Make it more accessible. The fanfic ones I mean. If they get too big then they might even be bothersome to those who stalk the "recently updated" list 'cause it bumps all the other fics down... That's just something to consider in the future, they're really rather small and spread out right now.
Make a Challenges category? I think that is a great idea. Once it is in place(after all these coming additions are made), it would have to fall on the authors to move their challenge stories to that category. If we make a Challenges category, then fics in answer to the challeges can ONLY be archived in the Challenges category. Like the VS episodes are ONLY in the Virtual Season category.

Quote:
This is a wonderful idea, and it would require assistance from the VS authors to put together. I'll have to run it by them and see what they'd like to have featured on a VS page that would explain what it is.

Old 04-13-2009
Wanted:a Shawn of my own!

MorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud ofMorganAdams has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to MorganAdams Send a message via Yahoo to MorganAdams

Fantastic ideas! I really like the idea of drawing more attention to the challenges. And the newsletter sounds like fun. It could both be show/ep and writing-oriented. As was suggested, maybe line up people to write short articles a few months in advance, so that everyone has plenty of time. I've worked on tons of newsletters, and they can be a blast. This one could be short - just a few things per issue.

As for games, maybe a monthly crossword (somewhat Psych-themed, of course!) - they could be archived so new people could work the old ones too. I know, Jessica, that you probably don't have time to put them together, but there might be volunteers (for instance, I might be interested as long as I had plenty of advance notice!).

(banner and avatar courtesy of TerpsichoreanCat - thank you!)
Old 04-13-2009
Administrator

Great ideas!

And if we do a Newsletter, that will bring attention to the challenges on the forum, too, because I think winners should be listed in it.

Tags
archive questions, psychfic archive