Old 01-11-2009

Stray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to behold
Default More Characters?

SydFace AwesomePants (aka SydneyWoo) and I were discussing adding more characters to the list the other day. We were really thinking along the lines of adding Madeline, Winnie and Bill. Maybe even Joy. They've been common in the show (two episodes is common as far as Psych goes) and also in fanfictions on the site, especially Madeline. So we were thinking why not add those three? Maybe four? It'd make finding specific fics with certain characters easier. It'd also be nice to know that "OFC" isn't an OC but a character that's already been in the show along the lines of Madeline.

So... that's the idea. What say you all?
Old 01-11-2009
The Perv of TSCOW

Hutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud ofHutchster has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Hutchster

I like that idea. I think Madeline should get a place on the list. The other characters I think don't really need to be on there, ince they arn't really in many stories at all, but that's just my opinion.

Old 01-11-2009

Stray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to beholdStray is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchster View Post
I like that idea. I think Madeline should get a place on the list. The other characters I think don't really need to be on there, ince they arn't really in many stories at all, but that's just my opinion.
I've seen Winnie and Bill pop up in a few stories actually. Sydney's as the most recognizable right now. But how can you or I really know how many stories they've been in if they're only labeled by Other/OFC/OMC if we haven't read all the stories on the site? Just imagine the unread sums...

Plus seeing the option to have them specially labeled in a story might get more people to want to write them.

I just remembered about Laura's story "Hate". I don't remember if she used Winnie and Bill (I'm fairly certain she did since she wrote it after the first xmas special but don't trust me on that) but she used Gus' parents rather actively in the story.

Yep.

EDIT: I will say unless Joy makes a comeback next year I don't see a real need to add her. I haven't come across a fic with her yet.

Last edited by Stray; 01-11-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2009
SHERLOAF HOLMES

patster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms startpatster has reached the point where Psychisms start

I love the idea of adding those characters. Should we add Uncle Jack, or even Abby too? Since they seem to be in a lot of fics.

I could see for miles, miles, miles
Old 01-11-2009

LittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud ofLittleFairy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray View Post
I've seen Winnie and Bill pop up in a few stories actually. Sydney's as the most recognizable right now. But how can you or I really know how many stories they've been in if they're only labeled by Other/OFC/OMC if we haven't read all the stories on the site? Just imagine the unread sums...

Plus seeing the option to have them specially labeled in a story might get more people to want to write them.

I just remembered about Laura's story "Hate". I don't remember if she used Winnie and Bill (I'm fairly certain she did since she wrote it after the first xmas special but don't trust me on that) but she used Gus' parents rather actively in the story.

Yep.

EDIT: I will say unless Joy makes a comeback next year I don't see a real need to add her. I haven't come across a fic with her yet.
Awww, thanks for remembering them, stray
Yeah, I did use Winnie and Bill for Hate.

And I actually really think it's a good idea to add some more characters to the list, especially Madeleine, Winnie and Bill since they're established characters on the show and have appeared more than once.

I'm not entirely sure about Joy. She appeared only once, but then again she is Gus' sister and not some random character that appeared in one episode. However, if we add her because she's a family member, I'd vote to also add Jack

Old 01-11-2009
MishaMinion #461

windscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms start
Send a message via MSN to windscryer Send a message via Yahoo to windscryer

Madeline I think definitely needs an add, seeing as she's Shawn's mom and, really, pretty central to the whole thing. I wouldn't object to Gus' parents, though I'm in agreement with those that said Joy might not be common enough.

OOOH IDEA. WE SHOULD HAVE JESSIE MAKE THIS THE NEXT POLL ON THE FRONT PAGE. LIKE, WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU LIKE MOST TO SEE ADDED. AND THEN, SHE COULD ADD THE ONES THAT ARE REALLY POPULAR.

*goes to bend forum etiquette and cross-post in the poll thread*
Old 01-11-2009

I don't know if adding so many characters all at once may be a good idea. I'm thinking now that only characters who have had at least two episodes worth of face time and character development should be added. Or if a character repeatedly pops up in fanfictions on the site. Otherwise it'd be a free-for-all and almost anyone who's been in the show could be added and it'd get overwhelming with trying to figure out who should be added when and why... I'm all for the poll if it can be sorted out how voting will take place. This is even if Jessica wants to add any new characters. Heh.
Old 01-11-2009
The One and Only...

TheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via MSN to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via Skype™ to TheOneBlueGecko

I am also somewhat skeptical of adding that many new characters at once. Maddie has a fair number of stories with her in it so I think that there is definitely an argument for adding here. And while I love all the characters that have been mentioned in this thread I really do not think that we need to add them until there are more than a few stories about them.

I think that too many characters will start to make it messy.
Old 01-11-2009
MishaMinion #461

windscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms startwindscryer has reached the point where Psychisms start
Send a message via MSN to windscryer Send a message via Yahoo to windscryer

Like it's not already messy? I'd totally be in favor of limiting the number of characters that can be listed per story to like, three or four. And maybe add an option of 'whole cast' to the list so you can do that if it applies.
Old 01-11-2009
The One and Only...

TheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant futureTheOneBlueGecko has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via MSN to TheOneBlueGecko Send a message via Skype™ to TheOneBlueGecko

I really like the idea of a whole cast option, that way people might choose that instead of clicking everything.