Go Back   Psychfic.com Community > The Psych Ward > Psychfic > Writer's Commentaries

Old 07-19-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinerGuy View Post
...Who's crying? I'm not crying. You're crying.

*stuffs muse into dark hole*

*throws box of tissues in after it*

*pulls rug over hole*

*sticks hands in pockets and wanders off whistling*
That sounds suspiciously like animal abuse, hahahaha!!

Old 07-19-2017
A reference, not a definition

DinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DinerGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
That sounds suspiciously like animal abuse, hahahaha!!
... ?

But don't worry. It's already out and seeking its revenge, if the bunnies in my head are any indication. Can't promise this one specifically, but there are definitely things coming...
Old 07-19-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
... ?

But don't worry. It's already out and seeking its revenge, if the bunnies in my head are any indication. Can't promise this one specifically, but there are definitely things coming...
I'll take whatever I can get cause you rocketh the word making!!

Old 07-19-2017

DinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'll take whatever I can get cause you rocketh the word making!!
*blushes* Well thaaaanks. Speaking of, did you read my newest one? It's a bit whumpy, a bit suspenseful, and if nothing else will hopefully hold you over until I finish up this WIP.
Old 07-19-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
*blushes* Well thaaaanks. Speaking of, did you read my newest one? It's a bit whumpy, a bit suspenseful, and if nothing else will hopefully hold you over until I finish up this WIP.
Oh!! I have that in a tab! I got several rush worky things this week and was distressingly sidetracked from fic-reading plans but I will read it forthwith!!!!

Old 07-19-2017
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Hey, Drag! I just wanted to say that I read your commentary for "Paint It Black" and I really enjoyed getting an inside peek into your writing process. It was really cool to see what was going through your mind when you wrote your story. I really liked what you pointed out about how much pain Shawn had to be going through in that episode.

Also, I haven't seen the episode of MacGyver that you referenced, so...that's something that I'm looking forward to seeing.

This is a really awesome idea! I wish more writers would make commentaries for their fics. Maybe I'm weird, but I love seeing how much thought goes into these stories and all the little influences that only the writer of the story can see. It's just really cool to sort of see the underpinning, I guess. Maybe that's just the backstage techie in me talking, but I like to see how things work.

Old 07-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleHead View Post
This is a really awesome idea! I wish more writers would make commentaries for their fics. Maybe I'm weird, but I love seeing how much thought goes into these stories and all the little influences that only the writer of the story can see. It's just really cool to sort of see the underpinning, I guess. Maybe that's just the backstage techie in me talking, but I like to see how things work.
Same!! Commentaries are so much fun for that very reason! Plus you get to learn all kinds of neat stuff about what went into a certain thing.
Old 07-19-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Hey, Drag! I just wanted to say that I read your commentary for "Paint It Black" and I really enjoyed getting an inside peek into your writing process. It was really cool to see what was going through your mind when you wrote your story. I really liked what you pointed out about how much pain Shawn had to be going through in that episode.
Dude, thank you so much! I never know if I'm doing it right - too little critique - too much talking about my own damn self? lol!! But I'm really having so much fun and it's amazingly addictive!

Quote:
Also, I haven't seen the episode of MacGyver that you referenced, so...that's something that I'm looking forward to seeing.
Man ed that one!! Easily one of my top favorites - not just for the whumpiness - but all the emotional stuff too!!

Quote:
I agree!!! I really really hope to see more people do this - it's both fun and incredibly helpful to get a peek at the process - especially as everyone has their own approach, style, tricks, etc.

Old 07-19-2017
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Dude, thank you so much! I never know if I'm doing it right - too little critique - too much talking about my own damn self? lol!! But I'm really having so much fun and it's amazingly addictive!
No, you did a great job! I can see where it's got to be hard to figure out how exactly to write a commentary. But I think you had a good balance and everything you said was interesting. Besides, you had fun, and that's the most important thing!

Quote:
Man ed that one!! Easily one of my top favorites - not just for the whumpiness - but all the emotional stuff too!!
I love emotional stuff in episodes, so don't be surprised if I come crying to you about it when I finally get to that one!

Quote:
I agree!!! I really really hope to see more people do this - it's both fun and incredibly helpful to get a peek at the process - especially as everyone has their own approach, style, tricks, etc.
Yeah, definitely! It's always so much fun to see someone who has a different writing style than your own. I love to read a fic and come across a new trick. And sometimes experimenting with those different tricks and approaches can really be a good way to develop your own writing, too. I love talking to people about the craft. <3

Now you've inspired me and I'm kinda tempted to write a commentary for "Judas," but I don't know if anyone would be interested. That, and I've got a lot of other fics to write... <pokes "All Because Of You" with a stick>

Are you going to write more commentaries for your other stories, or are you just sticking to these two for now?

Old 07-20-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Now you've inspired me and I'm kinda tempted to write a commentary for "Judas," but I don't know if anyone would be interested. That, and I've got a lot of other fics to write... <pokes "All Because Of You" with a stick>

Are you going to write more commentaries for your other stories, or are you just sticking to these two for now?

You should do it! I'm finding it also can be helpful in getting me excited about writing in general. Hoping to get back into writing some of those lingering WIPs lol!

I may write more of these. I think, after I finish this one, I need to get back to work on my incomplete stories as well as the VS. But, yeah, this has been fun