Old 11-04-2009
Admin

Jenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms start
Default "Chemistry of a Car Crash" - Jenn1984

http://www.psychfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=1997

I did commentary for Car Crash. Discuss it if you want, or just enjoy the random ramblings

There's a degree of difficulty in dealing with me

Old 11-04-2009
Wilting Flower

TerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud ofTerpsichoreanCat has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to TerpsichoreanCat Send a message via Yahoo to TerpsichoreanCat

CM CM CM CM CM!!!!!

Okay, I'll try to make this intellectual and not just random flailing, because you know me. I'm good at that. (The random flailing, not the intellectual discussion )

First of all, I would like to know how you came up with the first three paragraphs in the first place. I know we both talked about how you like utilizing unusual and striking story formats, and this is a prime example of how the format is just as impactful as the story itself because seriously, CM, this format KILLED me. Aside from the lyrics and coming up with the image of Shawn finding Juliet's car upturned on the side of the road, was there anything else that made you go, "Ah, this is how I shall write this"?

Also, I would like to point out that choosing to do it in Juliet's POV is just genius. I love thee, CM. YOU'RE AMAZING.

Icon and banner by me
Old 11-04-2009
Admin

Jenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms startJenn1984 has reached the point where Psychisms start

Aww CM, YOU'RE amazing! And we DID have that conversation about unusual formats and it was an awesome conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpsichoreanCat View Post
First of all, I would like to know how you came up with the first three paragraphs in the first place.
I'll try and take you through my random thoughts on this:

I was sitting at the girls' house, listening to my iPod. They were napping and I had my notebook sitting in front of me, trying to think of a new story to write for PF. I was on a Shiny Toy Guns kick and they have this song, "Starts With One", which has the most amazing beat to it and the music is explosive and right before the end, when all the sound just SURROUNDS YOU, the singer is singing really low:

It feels so...

It feels so...

It feels so cold.

And here, I start thinking, "I feel so...how do I feel?" I had just graduated college a few months earlier and I was so confused and a little scared, and the first thing that came to mind was, "I feel so trapped!", which is the first line of the fic. I wanted it to be like the song, "it feels so...", except I changed it to "I feel so..."

It wasn't actually supposed to be about Shawn and Juliet. It was about me. Those feelings were how I was feeling. And remember, they were altered slightly to fit the fic, after talking it over with Luna, but it was just what came from me feeling scared.

After listening to even MORE Shiny Toy Guns, the song "Chemistry of a Car Crash" made me put the two together. "Hmm, car crash, this could be kind of interesting." I just had this image of Shawn coming to Juliet when she needed him. I guess he is her "my need"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpsichoreanCat View Post
Aside from the lyrics and coming up with the image of Shawn finding Juliet's car upturned on the side of the road, was there anything else that made you go, "Ah, this is how I shall write this"?
This is where I'll blame Luna. She and I had just started chatting regularly about two months before I wrote this, and this was the first fic I wrote basically to her. She made me think a lot, I should say. She kept asking me questions: “What does she look like here? What does she see here? What does she smell at this part? How does she see Shawn? How does Shawn see her?”

I wanted to write it extremely sense-heavy, for lack of a better way to describe it. I wanted everyone to read it and smell, taste, feel everything she was feeling at the time this was happening to her. A lot of it was molded from more simple sentences, with Luna’s demands to “WRITE MORE DESCRIPTION, RIGHT NOW. GIVE ME MORE. MAKE THIS SENTENCE LONGER.”

There's a degree of difficulty in dealing with me