Old 11-04-2009
Not A Clone

collegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud of

I have on more than one occasional had an ending hit me out of no where. Often, I don't even realize something I mentioned before will come back into play. Usually, any anaology I use is accidental. An example: In the fic Mo and I wrote, Henry and Shawn have a discussion about his marriage based around a grill. When I had Shawn first mention the grill in passing, I had NO idea it would mean anything. The conversation just went there, and I followed it.

I have hit walls many times with endings. I leave it and come back, generally. Why? Because I love Billy Wilder, and he always said "If you have a third act problem, what you really have is a first act problem." What this means is that if you set a scene up properly, the ending should be a logical conclusion that ties up the loose ends you established. If it doesn't wrap itself up, then your first act wherein you established everything needs work. Your set-up is to blame, not your ending.
Old 11-04-2009
Keeper of the Minions

mia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid06 View Post
I have on more than one occasional had an ending hit me out of no where. Often, I don't even realize something I mentioned before will come back into play. Usually, any anaology I use is accidental. An example: In the fic Mo and I wrote, Henry and Shawn have a discussion about his marriage based around a grill. When I had Shawn first mention the grill in passing, I had NO idea it would mean anything. The conversation just went there, and I followed it.

I have hit walls many times with endings. I leave it and come back, generally. Why? Because I love Billy Wilder, and he always said "If you have a third act problem, what you really have is a first act problem." What this means is that if you set a scene up properly, the ending should be a logical conclusion that ties up the loose ends you established. If it doesn't wrap itself up, then your first act wherein you established everything needs work. Your set-up is to blame, not your ending.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why she's my beta.

*makes notes*

*tries to contain spazzing*
Old 11-04-2009
Not A Clone

collegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud ofcollegekid06 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia View Post
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why she's my beta.

*makes notes*

*tries to contain spazzing*

I don't like to think of myself as a Beta. I just ask the right questions to get you where you want to go. The rest is up to you. It's not my story to mess with, just offer suggestions and make you think.
Old 11-04-2009
Keeper of the Minions

mia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond reputemia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid06 View Post
I don't like to think of myself as a Beta. I just ask the right questions to get you where you want to go. The rest is up to you. It's not my story to mess with, just offer suggestions and make you think.
Fine. So take out the e and the a and try again