Old 05-27-2015
A reference, not a definition

DinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DinerGuy

Whoa, that was super-good! I love it!!
Old 06-13-2015
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms start

Mega apologies!! Work has totally overwhelmed me and I haven't been able to grab much time for anything! Reviews are important but they need time to craft well. I have MANY fics on my review list and I SHALL review!!! I just don't know when!! Love you allll!!!!

Old 09-12-2015

me_ is on a distinguished road

Is it just me, or has there been a distinct lack of reviews lately.
Old 09-12-2015
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_ View Post
Is it just me, or has there been a distinct lack of reviews lately.
No, it's not just you. I think we've had less activity the past few months. Although, I've noticed that we've also gotten several new writers and new stories, so maybe things will kick up again soon as people get around to reading everything. Then again, even though reviews are down, the read counts still seem fairly normal as far as I can tell. But what do I know? I haven't had time to do a full study on this.

Old 09-12-2015
A reference, not a definition

DinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DinerGuy

And who knows? Maybe all the newbies are reading all the oldies, so even though there are reviews, they're on stories we didn't post. Hahaha Or could be that we're just getting way more people who read but then don't take the time to review... (Unfortunately?) there are always plenty of those around!
Old 09-13-2015
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms start

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinerGuy View Post
And who knows? Maybe all the newbies are reading all the oldies, so even though there are reviews, they're on stories we didn't post. Hahaha Or could be that we're just getting way more people who read but then don't take the time to review... (Unfortunately?) there are always plenty of those around!
We'll keep trying to do events like the review-a-thon and other stuff so hopefully we can get more people to participate! I still have a lot of hope that things will pick up again as we continue getting new members

Old 09-13-2015
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinerGuy View Post
I think one of the problems of being a newbie is that you're reading stories written waaaaaaay back when and you want to review, but you're afraid of looking like a stalker.

Old 09-13-2015

me_ is on a distinguished road

I think another problem is that the new authors aren't getting many reviews
either. Why are they going to want to review if no one is reviewing their stories?
I understand not having the time, but like PineappleHead said, the read counts are about the same, so why can't at least some of those people take a little time to review? It doesn't have to be 100% positive, just a review. Anything helps, especially for new
writers.
Old 09-13-2015
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
either. Why are they going to want to review if no one is reviewing their stories?
I understand not having the time, but like PineappleHead said, the read counts are about the same, so why can't at least some of those people take a little time to review? It doesn't have to be 100% positive, just a review. Anything helps, especially for new
writers.
You are very correct about that, and those of us who have been here (speaking at myself) need to be better about reviewing new stories. Encouragement is what keeps this site alive

Old 09-13-2015
Queen of the Leprechauns

Quote:
writers.
I totally agree. In my opinion, it's almost more discouraging to know that the read count is going up, because then all those little doubts creep in: are they not reviewing just because they don't have time? Or is it something about my writing? Is my writing bad and no one wants to tell me? Or is my writing so <insert adjective here> that everyone is just completely apathetic?

As writers---or at least, for me personally---all those tiny insecurities can be hard to get past if you don't have at least one person to tell you to keep going.

Tags
fanfic reviews