Old 12-15-2014
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys
Arrow ANNUAL REVIEW-A-THON!!

It occurred to me that it would be tremendous event to have a yearly Review-a-Thon for one month. It would encourage reviews, encourage activity on the site and, MOST importantly, encourage the amazing writers on this site!

I can feel how big a deal this is going to become and I'm so excited to start this thing off!

So, details!!

STARTING IN JANUARY!

• We will sign up in this thread.
  • Each of us will set review goals (and we are all welcome to exceed our goals!).
  • We will set review length goals - anything from a single sentence to three paragraphs.
  • You can leave reviews on different stories by different authors, the same stories by the same author, or even different chapters of a single story.
  • All stories reviewed must be Psychfic stories.
  • Goals need to be reached by January 31.
All participants receive this lovely little "Reviewer Pineapple" which can be placed on their bio page:

I can't wait to see who will be joining me! We're gonna start off this coming year with an epic bang!!

EDIT: I've updated the Pineapple

Last edited by dragonnan; 12-31-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2014
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

So, here's my official sign up!

Review Goals: 5 reviews
Review Length Goals: At least 1 paragraph per review

Old 12-15-2014
"Delight... Commit... Be still..." Ps 37:4-7

PapayaK will become famous soon enoughPapayaK will become famous soon enough
Smile

I love this idea! I was discouraged at first since I get the impression that the authors rarely see the reviews that are left.
Which brings me to a question:
How many authors check somewhat regularly to see if they've been reviewed lately? Especially your older stories...
But then I thought that this is a wonderful way to get authors in touch with their reviewers!
Great Idea, Drag, - I'm in!

Review Goal: Every story I read from beginning to end.
Content Goal: Something intelligent (not just 'good story!')
Old 12-15-2014
James Roday...*sigh*

Singingpurplerose is just really niceSingingpurplerose is just really niceSingingpurplerose is just really niceSingingpurplerose is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to Singingpurplerose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaK View Post
I love this idea! I was discouraged at first since I get the impression that the authors rarely see the reviews that are left.
How many authors check somewhat regularly to see if they've been reviewed lately? Especially your older stories...
But then I thought that this is a wonderful way to get authors in touch with their reviewers!
Great Idea, Drag, - I'm in!

Review Goal: Every story I read from beginning to end.
Content Goal: Something intelligent (not just 'good story!')
We used to get emails about reviews. Not sure if that is still in construction...

However, I'm in!

Review goal: at least 5 per author.
Content goal: two sentences...I'm a short reviewer...
Old 12-15-2014
"Delight... Commit... Be still..." Ps 37:4-7

PapayaK will become famous soon enoughPapayaK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingpurplerose View Post
We used to get emails about reviews. Not sure if that is still in construction...
I figured that was the case... I try to check once in a while to see if there are any new reviews on my stories, but I only have a few - those with lots of stories - it could get time consuming!
Old 01-06-2015
Yes, I am just that awesome.

Spencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to all

I want to try this out! My goal will start small, as things get crazy when I finally plan to do something

Review goal: 5 reviews

Content goal: detailed, discussing what I liked and/or leaving constructive criticism on what I wasn't crazy about.
Old 12-15-2014
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaK View Post
That's a good point, Papaya! I've noticed that a lot of authors don't respond to reviews. But I love responding to reviews and I check my stories regularly.

I think this is an excellent idea!

Review Goal: One review for every story (or chapter of a longer story) that I read all the way through.
Content Goal: One paragraph (3-5 sentences)

Old 12-16-2014

deeps is on a distinguished road

Yayyy drag it's such an awesome idea. I'm definitely in for this.
Review Goals: reviewing at least 2 stories of my each favorite author (starts making the mental list already)
Review Length Goals: At least 1 paragraph per review. I hope to be more honest and constructive with my comments instead of my usual gushing and flailing lol
Old 12-17-2014
Is it real, this infusion?

silverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to beholdsilverluna is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to silverluna Send a message via MSN to silverluna

Cool! This sounds like fun! Drag, you always have the best ideas!

Review Goal: Reviews for each story/each chapter I read, as I go, rather than reading and then meaning to come back and review and not doing so in a timely manner.
Content Goal: I love the long reviews, so I'm imagining hopefully having a lot to say for each story/chapter I read.

Banner and Icon by me

Old 01-28-2015

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about

OMG I did it! I almost forgot about it, too, but I guess moving to another country can do that to you.

Things I learned: I don't know my favourite stories here as well as I thought. Also: Why is it so hard to write reviews anyway?! I didn't feel very constructive at all.

(On another note I still can't favourite stories even after reviewing them. )

Tags
fanfic reviews