Old 11-30-2008
Can I ask you a secret?

Psychmobile has a spectacular aura aboutPsychmobile has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Psychmobile

Now that I am less sleep deprived I can compose a more coherent post...

I for the most part agree with what everyone has said. I did love this episode, but there were parts that really mad me angry and I felt as though the writers could have expanded with scenes so much more. I understand that they are under time restraints because of commercials, but when Gus opened the door Shawn looked so vulnerable there and emotional, kudos to James, because he broke my heart with the way he looked. And the writers simply bypassed that, when I felt that we would get some really good interaction between the two.

The Joy storyline was iffy for me. She was way more into him than he was into her, but I find it hard to believe that they were just waiting to jump each others bones.

I don't expect them to be so angsty on this show, I really like the stuff they've done this season as far as expanding storylines and developing the characters lives, I really have but sometimes the lack of continuity on the show has me confused at times.

Either way, I love this show. I've got nothing but respect for the cast, crew and writers because they put their time into making me laugh and smile, but I can still have my peeves

"You should have a degree in being wrong all the time!"

"If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk." -Conan O'Brien

Follow me? www.twitter.com/KDeLaRiva
Kristen from Chicago or sarcasmlove =]

Last edited by Psychmobile; 11-30-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2008

jash290 is a splendid one to beholdjash290 is a splendid one to beholdjash290 is a splendid one to beholdjash290 is a splendid one to beholdjash290 is a splendid one to beholdjash290 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I love the show to death, but it's frustrating sometimes. I guess something this week just pushed me a little bit. I mean I really did find the episode hilarious, I just wish something made more sense. But I guess that comes with loving something, right? You get frustrated, like a little brother.

It's real. Feel free to drink it in.
Old 11-30-2008
Sam Winchester

Skysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud ofSkysalla has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skysalla Send a message via MSN to Skysalla

I remembered the other directorial choice that bugged the HECK out of me.
The end, when the cons picked Shawn's pocket WHAT THE HECK WAS UP WITH THAT LOCATION?!

They put them in front of a dumpster. A couple of dumpsters...yeah, cause there was NO other backdrop that could be used? It was a very poor location choice, it drove me NUTS.

Otherwise, I think I kind of liked the story line, I mean the guy who wrote this ep has given us a couple of good ones if I recall. But otherwise, for a christmas ep, I think they did a good job. But I was sorely disappointed in the director. Yes, he had his moments - the hallway bit for example, but it was very inconsistent.

Old 11-30-2008
Can I ask you a secret?

Psychmobile has a spectacular aura aboutPsychmobile has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Psychmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysalla View Post
I remembered the other directorial choice that bugged the HECK out of me.
The end, when the cons picked Shawn's pocket WHAT THE HECK WAS UP WITH THAT LOCATION?!

They put them in front of a dumpster. A couple of dumpsters...yeah, cause there was NO other backdrop that could be used? It was a very poor location choice, it drove me NUTS.

Otherwise, I think I kind of liked the story line, I mean the guy who wrote this ep has given us a couple of good ones if I recall. But otherwise, for a christmas ep, I think they did a good job. But I was sorely disappointed in the director. Yes, he had his moments - the hallway bit for example, but it was very inconsistent.
I thought that scene was so cute when the little girl hugged Shawn, but yes, I was like..."Dumpsters?" LOL. I thought that was kind of odd, especially being directed by John Landis. I know he's really selective about stuff, but whatever I'll respect his artistic vision because he is amazing. Maybe there were production problems and they had to improvise last minute with locations. You never know.

"You should have a degree in being wrong all the time!"

"If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk." -Conan O'Brien

Follow me? www.twitter.com/KDeLaRiva
Kristen from Chicago or sarcasmlove =]
Old 12-05-2008
Dollop of Spicy Goodness

-TheSingingBlob- will become famous soon enough-TheSingingBlob- will become famous soon enough

Thought I would share this dorky thing I just found out:

The name of the guy that is murdered in Christmas Joy is named Ted Meltreger-

Tim Meltreger is the name of one of the band members of The Friendly Indians, who does the theme song. So that's where the name comes from!

Anyway. thought i'd let you know XD
Old 12-16-2013
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Rewatching this tonight.

I've always been really interested in the idea of Shawn and Joy as a couple. Yes, I love Shawn and Juliet, but there is something that feels extremely interesting about the notion of Shawn dating Joy - even if just for a while.

I also had an additional thought. At the airing of the episode, it would have been the Christmas of 2008. Shawn was about 32 in the episode. Joy announced that she and Shawn had fooled around 10 years earlier - meaning Shawn would have been about 22. Now, I do realize it could be a touch of a stretch, but what if Joy was Shawn's "first"? That could add a whole other layer to everything.

Anyway, I would really not be opposed to someone writing this haha!