Old 1 Week Ago

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about
Default SLComicCon

Drag, I can't believe you didn't tell us you're going. That was you in Dulé's IG Story, right??? With Tex????? I hope you have some interesting tidbits to share!
Old 1 Week Ago
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms start

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Drag, I can't believe you didn't tell us you're going. That was you in Dulé's IG Story, right??? With Tex????? I hope you have some interesting tidbits to share!
My bad!! Yes!!!!!! I'm at the airport waiting to head home but I promise to share all the everything once I'm on my desktop!

Old 1 Week Ago
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms startdragonnan has reached the point where Psychisms start

Okay, so I'll do my best to get the details all in here as best as I remember everything xD

I met with Texasartchick (Tex) at the airport and we went to the Hilton - which was about a block away from the convention center. We had pre-purchased several photo ops with both James and Dule' - some were scheduled for Friday and some for Saturday. It was really packed when we got there (due a lot because of James, Dule', and Zack Levi! - PsychOs ain't messing around! lol!)

Since the first photos weren't until later that day, we decided to get in line for autographs. At that time, Dule' was the only one there as James was on break (talk about waiting for that final meeting and freaking out - knowing he could appear at any moment!!!)

While we were sorta hanging out prior to getting in line (which was amazingly short at this point) I suddenly hear "GEORGIA! GEORGIA!" and here's Dule' behind her at his booth - ignoring everyone else - to get her attention lol! I turned her around cause she hadn't heard him, and then he whips out his phone to do THIS!

So afterwards, we got in line and got autographs. Dule' immediately claimed he knew who I was - to which I told him no way - since we'd never met. Then realized he knew me from the "Psych Movie Poster" I'd created - especially when some trolling chick started harassing me, a couple months back, and telling me how awful and embarrassing my art was, and Dule' swooped in and defended me about it - which was beyond kind! So we got to shake hands and all that and then proceed to the James line! Because of the tremendous generosity of another PsychO who couldn't attend, I was able to have her VIP pass - which put me at the front of the line. So there I stood, waiting and anxious and hoping I didn't look utterly ridiculous, and dying every time the curtain would open because I kept expecting James to walk thru lol!

And then, suddenly, there he was!!

Guys, he looks amazing! All trim and fit and tan and his hair game was stunningly on point! WHUUUT!!!!

And then it was time to say hi!

*DIES A MILLION DEATHS*

They slid him my stack of things to be signed - my name on top. Georgia was all - "You know who this is, right?" I'm all "Dude, of course he wouldn-" and James goes "Tanya! Of course I remember you!"

*DIES A TRILLION DEATHS*

And then I'm in front of him and he's talking about my art and wowing everything and THEN I get to give him the art I'd spent the last 7 years waiting to give him!!

And he was so excited! I told him it was like a sorta stylized portrait and he was like "what do you mean stylized? It looks just like me!" and then he really got giddy when he saw the little clown face on the bottom mask as it was from his movie "Gravy". I was so happy to finally give him that art!

Later, when we did the photos, we were all told repeatedly how we had to move fast because there was a long line. Totally understandable. And yet, as soon as it was my turn, James held him arms out and it was bear hugging time!! Okay, so I may have forgotten there was a camera... *cough*

ANYway... a few years later, I finally got my face turned towards the camera and got the photo. THEN I got the sweet whisper that he was so glad to meet me....

cue much more dying

I won't go into all the other event stuff - there were several more photos with both James and Dule' - each time they were both very huggy and making sure to tell us how happy they were to see us and James thanked me several times for the art.

In the midst of all of this, Tex and I managed to both win the lottery that was held to get tickets to the Psych panel. If you'd like to see what that was like, you can check it out here!

The final, delightful moment, was the last autograph session. By this time the line was enormous and they guys, at least James, were starting to wear out. After getting a final signed message from Dule', it was time to see James one last time. As soon as he saw us, I swear he perked up! He smiled and told us, again, how great it was to see us. I mentioned that I would love to someday see him and Dule' put on some kinda zombie musical via Red Dog Squadron - and mentioned if he ever needed zombies drawn - I knew someone who could help him out. And he immediately said that no question, I'll be his artist (with the addendum that the zombies would need to be naked - C'mon son!)! Hahahaha!

So that was more or less the trip! There are photos on my twitter, which you can follow here: Drag_TR

Also, for more Dule' videos click below (they are only available for a short time so eventually the links won't work) They are downloadable so grab them while you can!

Roday in the "Sunken Place"
Can You Keep it Down?

Old 5 Days Ago

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about

OMFG DRAG THAT IS AMAZING HOLY ************************ING SHIT!

I'm so happy for you!!! You totally deserve that experience, and did I mention that drawing of the masks is absolutely stunning? I saw it on twitter a while back, so glad you were finally able to give it to James!

All in all this sounds like the most amazing experience ever. It's great the rest of us can vicariously live through you right now.

Also: I thought James did look really tan in the photo op photos, hah. Good to know it wasn't just me.

Did Dulé complain again about his achilles?

(Btw, you can save IG story videos via the Chrome IG extension. I put up the Sunken Place and Can you keep it down? videos on my JRP tumblr in case they're already gone...)
Old 5 Days Ago
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
OMFG DRAG THAT IS AMAZING HOLY ************************ING SHIT!

I'm so happy for you!!! You totally deserve that experience, and did I mention that drawing of the masks is absolutely stunning? I saw it on twitter a while back, so glad you were finally able to give it to James!

All in all this sounds like the most amazing experience ever. It's great the rest of us can vicariously live through you right now.

Also: I thought James did look really tan in the photo op photos, hah. Good to know it wasn't just me.

Did Dulé complain again about his achilles?

(Btw, you can save IG story videos via the Chrome IG extension. I put up the Sunken Place and Can you keep it down? videos on my JRP tumblr in case they're already gone...)
ASDFGUFDSDFGHILKGJFDSDFGHIGFYDTSRDTFYGUKFJYDTS!!!! !!!

Yes! I saved the videos too! And Dule' didn't gripe about injuries that I heard - but one thing that happened several times was that Zack Levi - who was two booths away from James and Dule', would keep throwing hard candy at them. He also demanded to know why anyone would employ "those two". Like, he said Tim was an amazing actor but James and Dule' were talentless hacks or something to that effect ROFLOLOL!!

Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
ASDFGUFDSDFGHILKGJFDSDFGHIGFYDTSRDTFYGUKFJYDTS!!!! !!!

Yes! I saved the videos too! And Dule' didn't gripe about injuries that I heard - but one thing that happened several times was that Zack Levi - who was two booths away from James and Dule', would keep throwing hard candy at them. He also demanded to know why anyone would employ "those two". Like, he said Tim was an amazing actor but James and Dule' were talentless hacks or something to that effect ROFLOLOL!!
Bless Zach. Who needs enemies if you have friends like this, huh?
Old 5 Days Ago
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Exclamation

Quote:
Bless Zach. Who needs enemies if you have friends like this, huh?
Right? There was also some commentary about how terrible it was that Zack never managed to appear in an episode of Psych - along with some hints that maaaybe there was some way to make something happen *coughmoviecough* but they were VERY insistent that they knew nothing and stop asking Zack Levi because he doesn't know anything either lolol!!

Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
Right? There was also some commentary about how terrible it was that Zack never managed to appear in an episode of Psych - along with some hints that maaaybe there was some way to make something happen *coughmoviecough* but they were VERY insistent that they knew nothing and stop asking Zack Levi because he doesn't know anything either lolol!!
Yeah, I've seen all those people telling Zach on Twitter that they are not supposed to ask him about the movie.
Old 3 Days Ago
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen all those people telling Zach on Twitter that they are not supposed to ask him about the movie.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 1 Day Ago
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Woohoo!!! Someone posted the entire FanX2017 Psych panel! Check it out HERE!