Go Back   Psychfic.com Community > The Psych Ward > Psychfic

Old 10-10-2017
A reference, not a definition

DinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DinerGuy
Default 2017 Secret Santa Fic Exchange

So there might have been an incident where a certain person forgot to post a signup thread for a certain gift exchange...

Oh wait. I think that was classified.

Oops.

Umm... Then again, maybe there was no incident...

Just, um, don't ask any questions... although since my license to kill has been revoked and my pilot's license is out back in the Cessna, you're probably okay either way...

*ahem*

Basically, just thank Redwolffclaw for this thread existing.

Moving on.

For those of you unfamiliar with a fic exchange, the basic idea is that people sign up on a list, and then someone (me, in this case) assigns everyone a random partner (the only "rigging" done will be ensuring that those who don't like writing one thing don't have to write stuff for someone who wants that thing). Then everyone writes for the person they've been assigned. The basic idea is that everyone who signs up gets something from someone and also give something to someone. It doesn't have to be fic, it could also be art, but fic is kind of the main idea.

Guidelines

All submissions should be emailed to diner [dot] guy [at] hotmail [dot] com. Your subject line should read, "SSFE for ____ by ____" (this will help me with organizational details).

Fic Submissions:
  • Fics should be submitted as email attachments in either .rtf, .doc, or .docx format. (I have a PC, so please do not send me Pages documents, because I will be unable to open them.) You can share to that email via Google Docs if you need to.
  • If you would like to title your story, you must put the title at the top of the document. The stories will be posted as individual chapters in one single story on Psychfic. I will title each chapter "For [giftee]."
  • Fics should be self-contained, meaning they cannot be unfinished stories you plan to complete later on your own page nor continuations of current WIPs, and a minimum 1,000 words. You are more than welcome to write a longer story, but 1,000 is the required minimum. If you submit a story that is less than that, I will send it back for adjustments.

Art Submissions:
  • Art should be submitted as email attachments and will then be uploaded to a photo-sharing account before being posted in a special thread on the forum.
  • Please note that if you are making banners or icons, you must adhere to the forum rules regarding banners and avatars.

Registration will close on Tuesday, October 31, at 11:59pm CDT (GMT-6). This is the only part of the exchange where I will enforce timezones so that everyone will know without a doubt when it is closing. All other deadlines are 11:59pm your time, whenever that may be (it's just easier for you that way). After registration closes, I will match everyone up and send out assignments. Please make sure your forum PM box is not full, as that is the avenue through which I will send assignments. You will receive your giftee's info no later than Thursday, November 2. (Although I am known for impatience and I will probably send them out the next day, but that just gives me a little extra time just in case.)

All submissions are due by Saturday, December 16.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! If at any point you think you will be unable to complete your assignment, please contact me. No shaming will occur; I just need to know to set up other arrangements.

Also, please let me know if you have any questions related to the Exchange. Since part of the deal with a Secret Santa is that it is, in fact, secret, all components of it must stay completely anonymous until I make the reveal. The success of that rests on your shoulders! Please keep your recipient a secret (with the exception of a beta, if you'd like, but he or she must also be sworn to secrecy).

Gifts will be posted no later than the end of the day on Thursday, December 21. (Although I'm usually so excited about it that I post everything immediately, so who knows.)

PLEASE NOTE that if you don't submit on Saturday by midnight, I will try to get ahold of you by as many methods as I have available. I will PM you, as well as email if I have your info. I will do all I can to work it out so that I can get your gift to your giftee. HOWEVER, if I cannot get an answer on Sunday or Monday, then it will move to pinch-hitter territory on Tuesday morning. This is to ensure that there is enough time for the pinch-hitter to complete a gift so I can post by the end of the day Thursday.

Then on Saturday, December 23 (or possibly Christmas Eve if my life goes haywire for some reason on the 23rd), I will edit the post with the gifts to reveal who wrote/made what. You may then do what you will with that information.

To Sign Up

Please reply to this thread using the following template. Just copy and paste, then fill it in!
Username:

If I get fic I want...

Generic request:
Specific request:

If I get art I want...
Generic request:
Specific request:

I absolutely do NOT want: (This is where you should put anything you do not want to see at all in your gift, such as smushy kissing scenes, blood, pointy things, raccoons, snowglobes, or Hawaiian shirts.)

I can offer: (Fic or Art. Also, what are your strengths?)

I can't offer: (What are your weaknesses? This is so I don't pair you with someone who only wants what you can't give.)

I can pinch-hit: (Yes or No. Pinch-hitting means that if someone has to drop out at the last minute for any reason, I can ask you to take that person's place. This way, everyone who signed up gets something. Please note that you do not have to produce an epic masterpiece, but please only respond yes to this if you are willing to step up if called upon.)

Feel free to spread the word; it'd be awesome to have loads of participants! And thanks, all! Can't wait for the fun to start!

Old 10-10-2017
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

As usual, you can sign my butt up.

Thanks, Deej and Redwolffclaw! I would've hated to miss this!

Username: PineappleHead

If I get fic I want...
Generic request: Lassiter. I think everyone knows that by now.
Specific request: Maybe something with Lucinda or Brannigan. If not that, maybe a little MacGyver action, since that's my latest obsession. I'm really not feeling picky. Do whatever you want! Just make it fun.

If I get art I want...
Generic request: Lassiter, Murdoc, Spock, or Chris Jericho.
Specific request: I don't know, maybe somebody riding a unicorn or a pegasus or a giant cat or an Andalite or something? Like I said, I'm not that picky. Surprise me!

I absolutely do NOT want: No incorrect grammar. That's the main one. Obviously, no slash or explicit stuff, that's a given. Um... No Shules, but you can ship Lassie with whoever you want, or with no one. To be honest, I don't really care what you put into the story, as long as it's well-written. Just surprise me.

I can offer: I can offer fics. I'm good at character pieces, funny dialogue, and weird AUs in particular, but... I'll write just about anything you want me to. Heck, I can even do poetry.

I can't offer: No art unless you want very poorly drawn manga cats. <shrugs> Other than that, I'll try anything once.

I can pinch-hit: Nope. Sorry!

Old 10-11-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Old 10-11-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Absolutely I'll participate!!

Username: dragonnan

If I get fic I want...
Generic request: It will always be Shawn whump - who are we kidding? lol!!
Specific request: My favorite kinda fic involve caretaking whilst Shawn is in dire circumstances. I'm open to whomever: Lassiter, Henry, Gus, Karen, Juliet, Buzz, even Woody. Whomever strikes a chord, I'm all for it!

If I get art I want...
Generic request: Something with corgis
Specific request: Lots of corgis?

I absolutely do NOT want: Au fic as in I don't want anything set in a different time period or in outer space or whatever. Try to stick somewhere within the scope of Psych canon.

I can offer: I badly want to offer fic - maybe this can finally get me out of my slump. I'm gonna take that risk cause I really need to write! (holy cats, what am I doing? GAAAAAAAAH!!!!) I can also offer art. Come at me!

I can't offer: N/A

I can pinch-hit: I cannot. I very much apologize!

Old 10-11-2017

DinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant futureDinerGuy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

You, my friend, are full of fantastic surprises!! Thank you!
Old 10-11-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinerGuy View Post

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

You, my friend, are full of fantastic surprises!! Thank you!
BAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! My pleasure!!

Old 10-11-2017

Koohii Kappu is on a distinguished road

I am so so so in!!!

Username: Koohii Kappu

If I get fic I want...
Generic request: Umm . . . something funny, with maybe some whump!
Specific request: I've been DYING for a kid fic or a Lassie fic that has his daughter when she's maybe ten or so!

If I get art I want...
Generic request: Something anime-ish that's colorful and fun!
Specific request: Uhhhh . . . maybe throw a bunny in or something? XD

I absolutely do NOT want: As long as it follows the basic Psychfic rules I'm cool with anything . . . Oh, but no cursing! It's gotta be clean, both language-wise and all the other kinds of not-good-stuff you can think of. But gore is okay, I'm fine with that. XD

I can offer: I can write! I haven't written a thing in ages, though.

I can't offer: I can draw a bit, but only with traditional pencil and paper and I can't really send it anyway sooooo sending art's kinda out of the question. ^^

I can pinch-hit: No. (If that means what I think it means. XD)
Old 10-15-2017

me_ is on a distinguished road

Username: me_

If I get fic I want...
Generic request: Some Shules, duh.
Specific request: We all know that Juliet has a hard time coping with the aftermath of Yin and Yang, but what about Shawn? How is he handling things afterwords, and how does this compare to the way Jules copes? How does he see himself in comparison to Yin and Yang? Just some ideas...

If I get art I want...
Generic request: Shules
Specific request: Something so cutesy and sweet that it'll give me cavities.

I absolutely do NOT want: AU ships.

I can offer: Fic for sure.
I can't offer: Art or AU of any kind.

I can pinch-hit: Nope, sorry.
Old 10-23-2017

Quick reminder: Registration closes next Tuesday night!

Yay for all of the signups so far! I'm super excited!! This is always such a fun event to coordinate (even if I did forget at first lol It was in my head over the summer and then it just kinda dropped off the map).
Old 10-23-2017
Yes, I am just that awesome.

Spencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to allSpencer05 is a name known to all

Username: Spencer05

If I get fic I want...
Generic request: Shawn Whump
Specific request: Just that it remain canon, no romance

If I get art I want...
Generic request: Outlander
Specific request: Jamie and Claire relationship

I absolutely do NOT want: Romance, smut, slash

I can offer: Fic or art

I can't offer: N/A

I can pinch-hit: Yes