Old 04-16-2017

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about
Default Psych Movie

I think there's been enough hints and rumours lately to justify a thread where we can all speculate about whether or not the movie is actually going to happen.

This Psych tumblr did a great write up of the various hints we got from the cast and crew so far. A few recent additions:
  • Dulé posted yet another pineapple on twitter
  • A "Psych feature film" has been added to the upcoming productions listing for Vancouver and British Columbia
  • Jaleel White said there's something cooking on the Psych front
  • Cary Elwes said at Indiana Comic Con that the whole gang is coming together in summer to shoot "organised chaos" (which sounds like we're gonna see more Despereaux?) and, when asked if his character is an art thief or a spy, to just watch the movie

This last comment by Cary of course contradicts the listing which set May as the shooting date, but we'll see.

I'm going to be unpopular here and say I'm not 100% on board, simply because I think it's a bit too soon and because I'm very anxious about what this potential movie could be potentially about to bring everyone back together and justify making it in the first place, and because I kind of want to remember Psych for what it was.
That said, of course I'm looking forward to more shenanigans, especially if it's true that Zach Levi will have a role in it.

So, what's your opinion about this rumour and what do you want to see in a movie if they do make it?
Old 04-16-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Location: what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
I think there's been enough hints and rumours lately to justify a thread where we can all speculate about whether or not the movie is actually going to happen.

This Psych tumblr did a great write up of the various hints we got from the cast and crew so far. A few recent additions:
  • Dulé posted yet another pineapple on twitter
  • A "Psych feature film" has been added to the upcoming productions listing for Vancouver and British Columbia
  • Jaleel White said there's something cooking on the Psych front
  • Cary Elwes said at Indiana Comic Con that the whole gang is coming together in summer to shoot "organised chaos" (which sounds like we're gonna see more Despereaux?) and, when asked if his character is an art thief or a spy, to just watch the movie

This last comment by Cary of course contradicts the listing which set May as the shooting date, but we'll see.

I'm going to be unpopular here and say I'm not 100% on board, simply because I think it's a bit too soon and because I'm very anxious about what this potential movie could be potentially about to bring everyone back together and justify making it in the first place, and because I kind of want to remember Psych for what it was.
That said, of course I'm looking forward to more shenanigans, especially if it's true that Zach Levi will have a role in it.

So, what's your opinion about this rumour and what do you want to see in a movie if they do make it?
My thoughts, just as a whole - I'm ALL for a movie (plural even!) and always have been - though I certainly understand hesitation about such things. And, for me, that kind of hesitation would arise from previous experience with other series' movie attempts. The thing is, Psych has been one of those shows that works EXTREMELY hard to do right by its fans - both in the writing as well as truly listening to us. For me, they've earned my trust (and that isn't saying they don't have trust from anyone else - lol!)

The thing is, the movie idea has been a conversation since, at least, season 8. Steve Franks has been more or less absolute in his assertion about a movie(s) which means he's been thinking about it for 3 years or more - which is a lot of time to develop a really solid story. Not to mention that James is also a very solid writer and director and doubtless would be involved with the development - whether as a writer, director, or, at the very least, a consultant.

They won't deliver a clunker. Whatever they give us, I knooooow it will be spectacular! I mean, the way the series ended, it was a perfect blend of tying up strings while also creating a lot of new story possibilities. We all still have questions, I'm certain! Like, what is Henry doing now? Will we ever find out the backstory regarding Lassiter's father? Did Gus ever get his own apartment? Is Shawn still going to be a psychic detective? Shules wedding? Will Gus ever find a girlfriend? What ever happened to uncle Jack?

Obviously we won't get answers to all these questions, and more, but - with the fact we can ask so many questions - it means the story possibilities are nearly endless! And NOW we have a whole new city to explore besides!

I'm just super freaking excited about the whole thing!! ASDGFHGJHKJGHFDSDFGJHGHFGDFSDHFGJHKGHFDGSF!!!!!!!! !!

Old 04-17-2017

harakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura aboutharakiri has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
The thing is, the movie idea has been a conversation since, at least, season 8. Steve Franks has been more or less absolute in his assertion about a movie(s) which means he's been thinking about it for 3 years or more - which is a lot of time to develop a really solid story.
Very true, Steve definitely wouldn't deliver something half-baked. I'm kind of hoping it won't be anything involving a wedding and/or kids, though. I'd like it to be as close to the original series as possible.

If Cary really is involved that would make this a potential international "episode", so I was wondering if they couldn't actually set it in Vancouver again for shits and giggles and because it would be a good excuse to bring everyone together since it wouldn't have to be set only in Santa Barbara or San Francisco. They could make it a round trip to all three places or something. And thus bring in more guest stars from previous episodes.
Old 04-17-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

dragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boysdragonnan knows that calico cats cannot be little boys

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2017
Queen of the Leprechauns

PineappleHead will become famous soon enoughPineappleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<takes off meme-like shades> Mother of Bono.

<squee!>

<cough> Pardon me.

Anyway. If there is a movie, I really really really want it to be about Despereaux. I mean...desperately.

Old 04-17-2017
Founder of S.W.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleHead View Post
<takes off meme-like shades> Mother of Bono.

<squee!>

<cough> Pardon me.

Anyway. If there is a movie, I really really really want it to be about Despereaux. I mean...desperately.
It would be an incredibly kickass theme for the movie for sure!! And a FANTASTIC excuse to bring Lassiter into the mix!

Old 04-17-2017

me_ is on a distinguished road

I would just be so fing psyched if there was a movie.
Old 04-27-2017
Not obsessed...passionate.

jackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nicejackiekat is just really nice

I hope this picture shows up. But I think it's official! I did a quick Google search and lots of news articles showed up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7507.jpg (8.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiekat View Post
I hope this picture shows up. But I think it's official! I did a quick Google search and lots of news articles showed up!
I think technically these websites are just reacting to the same couple tweets and Production Weekly listing we do. IMO Terry Goldman congratulating everyone on the movie is probably the most official confirmation yet.
Old 04-29-2017

So, something Drag said in the the Least Favourite Episodes thread just made me wonder: What do you guys want to see in terms of character development?

Three years have passed, the SF gang will have settled in quite comfortably in their new environment, Shules are probably married by now, and there's hopefully a special someone for Gus (guest spot for Jazmyn Simon anyone???) on the table.

Lassie now has a toddler running around driving him nuts, maybe more on the way. McNab has spent a good chunk of time under the tutelage of Ms. SBPD Terminator.

Vick's daughter must be around middle school age by now, and Henry may be thinking of retirement once again (because three's the charm?)

And god only knows what Woody has been up to now that no one comes to visit him regularly anymore.

James and Dulé are in their forties, which brings Shawn and Gus to the brink of crossing over as well. Gus might be at the onset of a midlife crisis. Shawn might have an identity crisis. Juliet is probably wondering what the hell she was thinking when deciding to spent the rest of her life with those two idiots.

Or do you think they will simply keep the status quo of season 8 going?